Hong Kong travel  » Travel  »
  • But you see, I thought that a visit to Hong Kong would only be about shopping and brand names and bargains

• by Honey

Okay, so let me first start that if you don’t have money to spend, this is not the place for you to go shopping. There are bargains stores that flourish in the side streets; but you will more likely end up with a knock off that the original things. With that warning in mind, and with enough cash to spend on a 3 day visit; go on ahead and shop till you drop in Hong Kong like my sisters, friends and

I have been doing. Thank god for credit cards, the shopping malls in Hong Kong are what we have been calling little shopping heaven. But there is nothing small or little about the malls in Hong Kong. Most are twice as big as the ones in Manila, and I’m talking about the malls that can accommodate hundreds of people.

But you see, I thought that a visit to Hong Kong would only be about shopping and brand names and bargains. I ...

• never thought that there was more to this wonderful place besides malls. There are plenty of restaurants that serve all kinds of Asian foods as well as Western Cuisine. Dish is my favorite, but it’s quite expensive there. There are smaller, side street cafes that offer cheaper Chinese, Korean and yes sometimes Vietnamese food which taste as great as their European counterparts. Hong Kong Disneyland is a must visit for every woman who wants to reminisce a little bit of her
        childhood, like myself. Victoria Peak, Ocean Park and Giant Budda among others are the most popular tourist spots in Hong Kong that I have been to. I did however have more fun at the Victoria Harbor, Nan Lian Garden, the Buddhist Temples and the seafood market.

3 days isn’t enough to travel within Hong Kong and take in all the wonderful sights and scenes. So make sure that you either stay longer, or go back again and again like I do.

Hong Kong travel

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381709215721130/k2311a0917/9.17.07