Canon Powershot SD1000
  • She's not dumb, but she does have a problem dealing with technology
  • I think the Canon Powershot solved that for her because the buttons were made for idiots
  • I know she didn't edit the pictures either because Photoshop is an alien word for her

• by jay-l

Having handled a lot of cameras in the past, I’m glad that Canon finally came out with a more affordable digital camera. I’ve always been complaining at how expensive Canon Powershots are in the Philippines, and the 7. 1MP with 4x optical zoom is just right for the pocket costing about 9,000 in stores.

The price, though a little more expensive than what most people can afford, is actually cheaper considering the specifications of the camera.

This gave me a chance to finally make my cousin’s dream come true.

She has been nagging me to give her a Camera, even an old one, which she can use with ease and efficiency. She’s not dumb, but she does have a problem dealing with technology.

I think the Canon Powershot solved that for her because the buttons were made for idiots.

The reason I’m making a review is because she just sent me ...

• photos from Vietnam.

The pictures came out wonderfully, cool and vibrant. The panoramic views were really enchanting to look at, especially since the fields looked alive and bright.

The night shots though were a bit hazy, maybe she just forgot to switch it into automatic mode again. She’s no professional photographer, and for an amateur the pictures came out really great.

I know she didn’t edit the pictures either because Photoshop is an alien word

for her. I just have to remind her to make the resolution a little lower if she plans on sending them to me because one picture was almost 8mb in size.

I’m really glad that I was able to buy her the Canon Powershot before she went to Vietnam for work. This camera is a great gift suggestion, and I’m planning to buy another one to give to my 13 year old nephew for his birthday.

Canon Powershot SD1000

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431509215320230/k2311a0915/9.15.07