Blendy Pens
2.5
  • I think in that way he could have been even more creative
  • I can't give these the worst rating because of the level of activity, but I would recommend telling people to just buy regular markers, different types of paper, and maybe a book of art projects

• by shortstuff

My seven year old son has been drooling over these markers for quite a while now. We recently had his seventh birthday party, and he received money from some of the guests.

So when I took him shopping tonight, as soon as he spotted them he knew that was what he was getting.

No questions asked! Though the price at first doesn’t

seem unreasonable, after getting home and allowing him to try out his purchase, I realized they didn’t work the way we were led to believe by the box, and also the tv commercials we had seen.

Blendy pens really strike me as nothing more than a way to charge more for regular markers.

With these markers you are supposed to insert two markers into a plastic tube, twist the markers, then remove the pen you want to color with.

There didn’t seem to be much blending with these, all that happened is that the darker color would transfer onto the tip of the lighter color.

When you would then color the only color that would transfer onto the paper was the darker color.

Now, in the commercials two ...

• Blendy Pens
      colors usually come off the marker at the same time with a blending between the two.

Not one time did this happen while we were using them.

Even though I do appreciate that companies are inventing things that give our children the opportunity to occupy their minds with more than tv, the 11 dollars my son spent on these markers could have been spent

on a wider variety of markers and paper.

I think in that way he could have been even more creative.

I can’t give these the worst rating because of the level of activity, but I would recommend telling people to just buy regular markers, different types of paper, and maybe a book of art projects.

Your money and time will be more well spent.

ari says :

blendy pens really do work, after you insert the 2 colors you want to blend , into the plastic tube thing, hold the blendy pen in a vertical position. then do the twist. whichever color is on top seems to be the one that winds up appearing with the marker that is on the bottom. then marker it up, they actually do work. orange will appear over a blue, light purple over a black. they are not a scarm, they just appear to not come with any detailed instructions. in my opinion, they are lame, but try them again before you toss them.

Sandra Estenoz says :

Where can we buy the coloring pages for blendy pens? My grandaughter still has her pens but she`s colored all her pages. Do you sell the pages separately or have you made it so that one has to buy the entire set again?

Marina says :

Sandra, you can use the blendy pens on any surface that you use regular markers on, so you can buy regular coloring books, or perhaps even easel paper at local markets like Wal Mart or Target, and the kids can have fun coloring with their favorite cartoon characters from the books they pick out

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121409215071130/k2311a0914/9.14.07