Nikon Coolpix 7.2MP  » Cameras  »
1.5
  • I hope she returns it instead of having it replaced, and gets a Sony or at least a Canon

• by Honey

I told my friend that there’s a reason why the Nikon Coolpix was on sale at the store when we went yesterday. Either nobody wants to buy it because it’s not that good, or because it’s overpriced. Well, I was right about the two.

She’s going to return hers over the weekend because the LCD was grainy, even in broad daylight. The pictures are hard to preview and the screen would turn from brownish to

grayish and then back to normal like it had a mind of its own.

We didn’t know anybody else who owned a Coolpix, so we didn’t have anybody to ask if they were having the same problems are her. The pictures would come out okay, after being transferred to the computer.

The resolution is fine, especially with 7. 2 MP to boost that, with really great colors even though we were both amateurs at taking pictures.

...

• I already told her that it could be a factory defect, that’s why the LCD was grainy. It made me dizzy after browsing through the pictures.

There’s really nothing special about the Coolpix, that’s why I was wondering why it was priced at 15,000 pesos at the store. It’s really very hard to navigate, as I have gotten used to other brands that were really just made to click, shoot and preview.

The preview screen

takes forever to load, especially when there are more than 50 photos in the memory. The LCD is large enough, if only it was working properly.

The casing is a bit off for me, because it felt like it was made out of cheap plastic material. I bet if I dropped it accidentally the whole camera would fall apart.

I hope she returns it instead of having it replaced, and gets a Sony or at least a Canon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431309214541130/k2311a0913/9.13.07