Howe Caverns NY  » Travel  »
New York, USA
  • Howe Caverns is a place that for me really gives an out of the world experience
  • We learned a lot of interesting things from this really informative tour
  • So, for a very out of this world experience, I recommend going through Howe Caverns

• by missy

Howe Caverns is a place that for me really gives an out of the world experience. It is located in New York and I went with my siblings only. My parents did not follow for this trip since we thought that it could slightly more exciting for their ages.

This tour is a really natural wonder for us and really an eye-opener. We learned a lot of interesting things from this really informative tour. However, the tour could be a bit on the expensive side but if you don’t mind a tourist-trap atmosphere, then by all means go for this as I had. We went for this tour around the year 2001 and tour was rock everywhere. To be exact, Howe Caverns is actually a cave that has been carved out of rocks by

an underground river force tons of years ago. I am not really sure when the year exactly was, but the tour guide told us thousands of years specifically. The adventure had us going through walkways, some great lightings and there were also elevators. Other than that, one scary fact was that while we were walking for the tour then we were told by the tour guide that we were around 100 over feel below ground. I was so shocked by the truth and I hold on to my youngest brother hands tight.

The four of us walked through the tour with some other people and there were places like the Bridal Altar where you could make marriage arrangements with it. I felt that to be a weird place for a wedding place, don’t you think ...

• so? But people have been known for their weirdness, ha! I couldn’t really remember some of the names of the rocks or something that the tour guide described but there was this thing that really spooked me and that was when the tour guide warned us of this one part in the beginning that the spaces would be pretty enclosed and that would be especially the labyrinth of granite. He advised us all to back out if we had feelings of claustrophobia at that moment. That was really a pat in the back for me. I had wanted to back out, but the look on my siblings faces sort of made me numb. I guess I am the most coward of all compared to my other siblings.

The tour finally ended and

all were safe. I would think that going through Howe Caverns was a mental challenge for me and I felt a sense of achievement immediately. I was glad that I had made the cut and not backed out. So, after the tour, we went to this particular restaurant where we ate a nice lunch buffet. The prices weren’t so expensive and I had a grilled cheese sandwich with nice tomato and meat in it. We also bought coffee mugs, key chains and a Howe Caverns logo. We did not buy the polished stones on display since that looked like artificial and not from the rocks in the caves.

So, for a very out of this world experience, I recommend going through Howe Caverns. A good place to be at and it challenges you for sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381309214401130/k2311a0913/9.13.07