Weight Watchers  » Health  »
  • Probably the best of them is weight Watchers
  • I learned healthy eating habits and why I was eating and when
  • I like that the diet program concentrates on me not just generally lumps me into a group of people who I have nothing in common with
  • There are days that I have absolutely no gumption at times and there are always people to converse with and be able to talk me out of eating or help me work through a problem
  • I hate going to the meetings - the people all look so depressed that I don't think it has helped me any when I attended the meetings

• by arabgirl28

I have been struggling with weight problems for years. Any program that I have tried has been to some extent positive, but not to any great measure. Probably the best of them is weight Watchers. I wanted to learn about what I was eating and the effects the food had on my body and how to handle the food. Weight Watchers did this for me. I learned healthy eating habits and why I was eating and when. Most of the so called diet programs tell you to buy the food and don’t teach you about your habits and correcting your behavior problems, much less tell you why you are eating their food and what the heck is in it. I wanted to gain control of my eating habits not just eat programmed food and

call it good - and Jenny Craig just didn’t do that. On top of that Jenny Craig is ridiculously expensive.

I like that the diet program concentrates on me not just generally lumps me into a group of people who I have nothing in common with. I spend a lot of time on line and being about to access their resources really helps me. I can put in a food and find exchanges and what ‘it’ is worth or if there is anything better I can eat. I track my results and what I have been eating and try to associate things to what is happening. Weight Watchers has the tools that allow you to do this. This is probably the part Weigh Watchers that I find most helpful along with the exchanges.

• I can’t forget my companions - I have a list of ‘companions’ that support me in my journey through diet land. There are days that I have absolutely no gumption at times and there are always people to converse with and be able to talk me out of eating or help me work through a problem.

I hate going to the meetings - the people all look so depressed that I don’t think it has helped me any when I attended the meetings. Then of course there are people that just aren’t friendly so what is the sense when they don’t want to support and contribute. I use the core plan which teaches all this. I am happy how this works and have been moderately successful using Weight Watchers core plan. The cost is acceptable too.

For a weekly 10 or 15 dollars I have been able to reach some of my goals and I feel good about this.

Since I am easily bored with eating the same thing, this weight plan is good for me. I can eat what I want as I am educated as to portions and exchanges and how I can manipulate things so I can reach my goals. There are no foods that I ‘cannot’ eat, which thrills me because I sometimes having cravings and this doesn’t eliminate anything from my diet. I use the resources that Weight Watchers has online, like their recipes - haven’t looked at any of their videos, haven’t done any of the workouts either since I have been loosing weight.

I like the program. Basically, you get out of it what you put into it.

Weight Watchers

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341209214100630/k2311a0912/9.12.07