Catalina Island LA  » Travel  »
Los Angeles - California, USA
  • I noticed some couples making their way there and they had made the right choice as the island is truly a romantic place
  • I think to explore the island, it would be better during the day since everything is clear and there would be no lost troubles

• by missy

Catalina Island is located in Los Angeles, California and I have been to this beautiful island with my family once before. It was a one day trip to Catalina and at that time, we were visiting Los Angeles and my dad thought that it would be a good idea to visit this island and have a look at what’s in store there.

As it seemed, the day turned out to be perfect and we had a fun and good trip. As for the island, we found that it had a lot of nice sceneries, generally clean and the locals were all very friendly and warm. The prices were pretty reasonable as well.

I noticed some couples making their way there and they had made the right choice as the island is truly a romantic place.

First of all, we reached this island by ferry. We were on board the ferry around 2PM and we were told that the last ferry was around 7-ish since the operating time was only until 7:30PM. I think to explore the island, it would be better during the day since everything is clear and there would be no lost troubles.

After arriving, we rented a 4 person gas golf cart and it was charged at $20 per hour. We divided ourselves and since there are a total of 6 ...

• persons in my family, we had to take 2 golf carts. My parents were with my sister and I was with my 2 brothers on another cart. It was fun and we saw almost all of the locals there making the golf cart as their means of transportation. How nice if my country use it as a form of transportation as well, ha! So, we pretty much explored in the carts and it was comfortable just sitting down, enjoying the sceneries and as we went along, I took a lot of great nature pictures.

Houses were pretty small and looked ramshackle to me. After exploring the place and visiting sceneries

like the exotic nature and the botanical gardens, we went to this particular seafood restaurant and had a good meal. My dad paid close to a hundred dollars but it was worth it because the food was so nice. After that, we saw some other activities like horseback riding, kayaking, surfing and other water activities. I did not do all those but was happy enough to have a pleasant sightseeing. My 2 devil brothers were behaving themselves surprisingly and they joined in the exploration of the sceneries together with my sister and parents.

One day wasn’t enough exploring Catalina Island and I wish we could stay longer there in the nearby resort or hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381209214090630/k2311a0912/9.12.07