Microtel Houston  » Hotels  »
0.5
Houston - Texas, USA
  • I have negative reviews about this hotel and it was a real bad experience being in this hotel

• by missy

Microtel Houston Hotel is located in Houston, Texas and is close to the Clear Lake City. I have negative reviews about this hotel and it was a real bad experience being in this hotel. First of all, it was very dirty and unfriendly and my boyfriend and I were there at the time since we were visiting Houston and thought that the area where the hotel was at is good.

Our opinion totally changed after our 1 night stay. We had initially wanted to stay for 2 nights before getting a plane to another state but we changed our mind and just stayed for 1 night. First of all, the room was in a really bad condition. There was a small kitchen area but there were ants everywhere and we did buy some snacks

and we just couldn’t find a place to store it since the ants were so irritably everywhere. So, we ended up keeping it in our bag and it was kind of a hassle to keep opening our bags to take a snack or so. Other than that, we could see dirty towels and blankets and were wondering why on earth the housekeeping people did not do anything about it or replenish them. The windows were also quite moldy and appeared to be very dirty. Near the windows area was the air-conditioner and that too was dirty and moldy.

My boyfriend wanted to sleep on the bed but it was so uncomfortable since he saw the dirty blankets and decided that sleeping on the couch was just fine. The couch could be opened up to ...

• act as a bed and that too was terribly dirty. There were dirt everywhere and we were getting the idea that we kind of stumbled into this old house with shabby and dirty looking furniture. My boyfriend decided to call the management and request for a cleaning person up or maybe we could get a change of room, but apparently the management was too busy to speak to us each time we called. So, in the end, we did not get to complain at all and we were so frustrated that we couldn’t find it comfortable enough to sleep. So, we went down to the pool area and I was shocked at the top of my life that the pool was of a green color. Pool water was supposed to be blue, not
        green! How long didn’t they change it? Reading by the pool was out of the suggestion since the water was greenish and it made my mood went ground zero down. And the ice machine was also broken. What the heck!

My boyfriend then brought me to the Space Center where we spent most of the 1 day there and when it was night time, we looked for a nice restaurant and sat for close to 2 hours. After that, we had no choice but to get back to the hotel and get some sleep. If not, we would have no energy to even check out. It was really a disastrous hotel and never have I forced myself to sleep as in Microtel Houston Hotel. Please, think wisely before you go here.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21209214030630/k2311a0912/9.12.07