Primeval  » Movies  »
  • I know that it followed lots of formulas about somet kind of big monster lurking in the exotic wilderness of a foreign land
  • I think seeing him in this movie made me think that it would not be scary
  • And finally, when it is revealed what Gustav is, I will admit I was disappointed (SPOILER ALERT

• by Famous

There was something missing with this film. I know that it followed lots of formulas about somet kind of big monster lurking in the exotic wilderness of a foreign land.

As usual, there is the requisite bunch of diverse “scientists/explorers/writers” (pick one) with the ONE beautiful girl (to serve as someone’s love interest)–and of course

the token black man, played by Orlando Jones.

I think seeing him in this movie made me think that it would not be scary.

All throughout the film, I was waiting for Jones to say funny things as he does in his comedies.

He did deliver.

But the jokes were understated, which is what ...

• was needed for this film.

Anyway, the action seemed to drag on forever.

And finally, when it is revealed what “Gustav” is, I will admit I was disappointed (SPOILER ALERT!).

Knowing that people are in the jungle trying to capture the world’s largest alligator isn’t that scary.

Thinking that it might be true

is.

This film is supposedly based on true events, not necessarily a true story, per se.

But the idea that something this large could kill so many people without being seen or caught is pretty frightening.

The film has its good points.

But as a standard Hollywood horror film, it falls a little short of “wonderful.

Primeval

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111209213920530/k2311a0912/9.12.07