Tiger Airways  » Airlines  »
  • Hence when I bought a small bottle of mineral water, it cost me SGD$3
  • Hence a self-designed holiday shouldn't really be a problem with Tiger Airways

• by Hildacq

Tiger Airways is an Asia Pacific airline with 9 Airbus A320 planes, operating from a base in Singapore and one in Australia. Customers usually book their tickets from www.tigerairways.com and it’s proven to be efficient and reliable. Furthermore, it flies to 18 different countries and the fares are really reasonable.

In June 2007 I took a flight to Haikou, Hainan, China using Tiger Airways from Singapore. There was a budget terminal that was separate from the usual terminals

at Changi Airport. Though budget terminal sounds cheap, in fact, it is not at all a let-down. There are plenty of shops to do last minute shopping in the customs.

While the fare was cheap, they do not serve drinks/food because they’re a budget airline. Hence when I bought a small bottle of mineral water, it cost me SGD$3. Later when I checked, the prices of the soft drinks were also at SGD $3. Then again we really ...

• had to buy drinks from them because we weren’t allowed to bring in water. At the customs I didn’t realize this and my water bottle was confiscated. However, SGD $3 is a small price to pay compared to the fares of established airlines.

I want to make a point that the seats in the Airbus A320 aren’t comfortable at all and the aircraft is really small and squeezy. Hence if you are taking a flight on the A320, do

bring a soft comfortable cushion so that you won’t have to strain your back. My 5 hour flights were really terrible.

The stewards and stewardess were also courteous and pretty good looking.

What’s more, Tiger Airways do provide help for hotel searches, insurance and even car rentals. You can click on the tabs available on the website to navigate. Hence a self-designed holiday shouldn’t really be a problem with Tiger Airways. It worked for me, for my tight budget this June.

Tiger Airways

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401109213510430/k2311a0911/9.11.07