Conair Ion Hot Roller Hair Setter  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have straight longer hair and every once in a while like for weddings and such I like to curl my hair and have a curly do
  • I bought the Conair Ion Instant Hot Hair Setter and I am happy with it
  • I don't know how the rollers do it, but the shine these curlers give you is amazing

• by arabgirl28

I have straight longer hair and every once in a while like for weddings and such I like to curl my hair and have a curly do. Well, my straight hair is a real pain in the butt to curl. It tangles around everything doesn’t hold a curl very well. I bought the Conair Ion Instant Hot Hair Setter and I am happy with it.

Regardless what you do rolling up thick long hair is tedious and is work, so anything that makes it simpler is good for me. The rollers don’t take long to heat - about 2

minutes. Like most hot rollers, there is a dot on them that turns color when the rollers are ready to be used. It takes about 15 - 25 minutes for the hair to set. One of the tricks that Conair suggests is that you spray the base of your hair for a firmer set. Years ago I had a different set of hot rollers and my hair would always become snagged on these and there would be hair hanging from rollers. With these rollers - it is very seldom that I have this happen.

There are three different roller ...

• sizes of rollers, and one size clip fits all of them. This is really great, because my makeup hair drawer is like the dump and I don’t need to go digging around to find a clip that fits. It takes me about 15 minutes to put the rollers in. I leave the rollers in for about 25 minutes and I have nice springy curls. I don’t know how the rollers do it, but the shine these curlers give you is amazing. My hair was damaged from a perm about a year ago, and these rollers have
        given my hair the illusion of being healthy.

I have cut down on the use of styling products. These rollers “do something” to the hair and the curls last longer. Before, when I used the curling iron - the curl would be out by the end of the day. Now with a light spray of hair spray, my hair remains curled for the day. Otherwise, I would end up looking like a cat that had been dipped in water and left to dry.

I like the hair setter, it does a good job. I just don’t like setting my hair.

Robin Busch says :

I received these rollers without a book. DO I need to add water to them to heat up?

John says :

No, according to the directions water is not required. They just have to be charged.

Galega says :

You don’t need to use water with it. The main area of confusion is the way you should use it - on wet or dry hair. Spray your hair all over with hairspray, which will help define your curls as the hot rollers go to work. It is also important for your hair to be dry since wet hair can steam and this may result in a burn on your scalp.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31709212570830/k2311a097/9.7.07