Crowne Plaza Hotel Redondo Beach and Marina  » Hotels  »
1.5
Redondo Beach, California - USA
  • The location is pretty easy to find and convenient and is located in the South Bay
  • I was pretty familiar with California already and would consider it my 2nd vacation home or something
  • We were really disappointed since not only was the room in a poor condition, the general state of the hotel was also kind of shabby

• by missy

In California, I have been to another chain of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in California. The location is pretty easy to find and convenient and is located in the South Bay. However, the pricing was poorly matched with the condition of the property which needed some kind of renovation, personally to me at least. Oh yes, and the services lacked some form of initiative.

I had followed my boyfriend for a seminar in California and the place was at this particular Crowne Plaza Hotel. I was pretty familiar with California already and would consider it my 2nd vacation home or something. Upon arriving, we were anxious to settle down since my boyfriend wanted to refer to his notes before preparing his practical speech. We were

told that the room that we had reserved was on “cleaning” and we had to wait awhile. We just stood there, thinking where to go when my boyfriend saw a lobby area for sitting and we sat there, all along reading magazines not wanting to show our anxiousness and hence being polite. The concierge did not for once offer us any drinks or snacks or the least he could do was talk to us about the current situation. Instead, he went about doing his work and it was already half an hour since. I was feeling more anxious and started to ask him. He had this forlorn look that suggested he had conveniently forgotten about us, his customers and said that the room was ready ...

• around 15 minutes back. I said that he could have had some form of initiative and told us and he apologized.

Upon reaching the room, the bed wasn’t to my liking. Perhaps I was already feeling my mood being spoiled or something. But the bed didn’t felt so bad after all. What surprised me the most was the fact that the furnishings in the room were torn and tattered. It needed some kind of a decor change, much needed. And mind you, we paid around $200 per night since my boyfriend had wanted to extend his stay there, since the seminar was only a half day and the company would sponsor for his return right away. So he extended his stay and

we opted to stay for a night, which led to him paying $200 for that night. We were really disappointed since not only was the room in a poor condition, the general state of the hotel was also kind of shabby. The seminar went alright and my boyfriend was happy in that area.

But the hotel reminded us that we had forked out $200 for nothing. We were really giving Crowne Plaza Hotel Redondo Beach and Marina the benefit of the doubt since we wanted to explore the beach area for a bit but the hotel was a no-no. Too bad, right? I guess it was a lesson well-learned for us to not just hog around without investigating whether the hotel would suit us or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2709212340830/k2311a097/9.7.07