Westin Seattle  » Hotels  »
Seattle - USA
  • The quality of the sofa, the beds and other things were of high quality and I love it
  • But I really love the views from The Westin Seattle
  • And the other boring part was that we couldn't really explore the areas outside the hotel since it was raining most of the time
  • So, I am guessing the best solution next time would be to use a raincoat to explore nevertheless and get another hotel near The Westin area but to be sure to get something better than this

• by missy

My best friend loves to joke that it loves to rain in Seattle. I definitely thought so. The last trip that I went with her in one particular year, Seattle rained. It was kind of expected but and the hotel that we stayed at was The Westin Seattle. The Westin is a fairly good chain hotel and I have the chance to stay in some of these over the past few years with different people. I have some mixed feelings about The Westin Seattle and here is my review.

The customer service over at The Westin Seattle looked fairly nice and helpful. We were given a high quality room and it looked beautiful. Let me tell you that the room rates were not cheap and

we ended up choosing a Deluxe room. It was on the high floor with a great view and there were two beds; perfect for the both of us. There were 2 towers in this hotel and and the tower that we had was the one on the right. If you must book a room in this hotel, choose rooms on the right tower since the views were great. As for every other things in the room, they were tastefully appointed and the concept was done up well and simple. The quality of the sofa, the beds and other things were of high quality and I love it. As for the bathroom, it was the standard good looking Westin bathrooms and I love soaking myself in ...

• there. Okay, now for the bad side. The internet access in the room was so expensive; close to 20 bucks per day. Pretty outrageous, right when some hotels could offer a free internet access. There were cookies, nuts and candy but it was like a nice offering without touching. If you touch and eat, you have to pay. We had already splurged enough for the room and if we splurged for the snacks then it would be nonsensical as well. That is why I said I have mixed feelings for this hotel in general.

Other than all these, the customer service over at the concierge was great initially when I wanted to check in, but once in the room and after settling down and you

make a call to request for an extra set of towels or more re-fill of snacks that sort of thing, we never did see them knocking the door even. It was just an okay from their part but no actions. So another bad thing there. But I really love the views from The Westin Seattle. And the other boring part was that we couldn’t really explore the areas outside the hotel since it was raining most of the time. So, I am guessing the best solution next time would be to use a raincoat to explore nevertheless and get another hotel near The Westin area but to be sure to get something better than this. So, for these mixed feelings, I give this hotel review a 6.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2709212290730/k2311a097/9.7.07