Great Value Roasted Garlic Instant Mashed Potatoes  » Food  »
  • Recently, I noticed a Great Value version of this same product
  • I found the taste and consistency of this product to be different from that of the brand name

• by Frederick

I have already reviewed here Idahoan roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes, of which I am a big fan. Recently, I noticed a Great Value version of this same product; it was a bit cheaper, and I

decided to try it.

A 7.

6 oz box contains 2 pouches, each one makes 2-3 servings of mashed potatoes.

I found the taste and consistency of this product to be different from that of the brand name; preparation is different as well - more work.

While with the brand name product you only need to add some hot water, here you have to measure and mix some milk, butter, and water, bring it ...

• Great Value Roasted Garlic Instant Mashed Potatoes
      the mixture to a boil, and only after that add the contents of a pouch.

Too much trouble, if you ask me.

I also did not like the fact that the finished dish sticks to the

pot and to the serving spoon.

The taste, however, turned out to be quite good.

So here you have it: good tasting and inexpensive nicely seasoned mashed potatoes, if you don’t mind some extra work cooking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27609212081130/k2311a096/9.6.07