Orofer XT  » Medicine  »
  • My peadatrician suggested that because of this picky eating habit of my baby she is not only low on teh weight factor but has issue of iron deficiency which needs to be covered by prescribing iron drops around 0.5ml, twice a day everyday for atleast 2 months
  • So I think it really works well only be aware that you will literally have to force your child to take this drop

• by Soumi

This is a Ferrous Ascorbate Drop prescribed to children with iron deficiency problems. Manufactured by Emcure Pharmaceuticals this drop is generally a peadatric prescribed medication.

My baby is basically a fussy eater and other than the intake of milk, sdhe is

rarely interested in eating other solid foods (like say rice , lentils or even veggies). My peadatrician suggested that because of this picky eating habit of my baby she is not only low on teh weight factor but has issue of iron deficiency which needs to be covered by prescribing iron drops around 0.5ml, twice a day everyday for atleast 2 months.

Well although the taste is not good(I have myself tasted it and know that it is dfinitely not what ...

• Orofer XT
      kids like) I feel the drop is quite effective. My baby winces her face everytime I give her this medicine and its really a struggle to get her to really have it without spitting it out, but in this 1
      months time that I have started this medication her heamoglobin level has become 11 from her previous level of 9.5. So I think it really works well only be aware that you will literally have to force your child to take this drop.

vanjyotsna says :

Hi, i wanted to know if the syrup of this medicine is as effective as recommended as the capsule? i ask this as i cant have capsules? If yes, whats the quantity equal to one capsule? regards vanjyotsna

Hi Vanjyotsna,

It is not the medicine, but its ingredients which work. No? In that case, both syrup and capsule of Orofer XT will have same effect on your body. Both comes with same ingredients. Take which you prefer.

jameel khan says :

Hi i am suffering with extremely low ferritin count . it is 5. and haemoglobin of 10. i have heard liquid liposomal iron is best absorbed. can u suggest me some please? i have been taking livogen and also taking care of my diet. but i want to start with liposomal iron.

Galega says :

Livogen is a very good medicine to tackle low hemoglobin count. For ferritin count, I think you need to consult a doctor. Liposomal Iron can help you, but in a limited way.

Ferritin is the major iron storage protein of the body. If it is low, some big problem might happen in future. Please consult a doctor so that it can be brought to the optimal level with proper supplements and medications.

msparthasarathi says :

Doctor,
DOSAGE OF OROFERXT FOR HAEMOGLOBIN LEVEL OF 9.4

Hi msparthasarathi,

It should be one capsule a day. Don’t rush. The iron and folic acid of this capsule is sufficient to tackle anemia (low haemoglobin count) over time.

chinchu says :

sir,
My husbad have low semen count rate.dr priscribe to eat orofer XT tablet for 3 month.i want to know this tablet is use for wht?

Christiano James says :

It is used for providing iron supplement in the body. Its used if there is Iron deficiency in the body.
Here is complete information about the tablet:

Elemental Iron
Pregnancy: C Lactation: L4 Lab: NA Food: NA

Typical usage: Vitamin minerals and health Suppliments

Side Effects: Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.

Drug Interaction: Tell your doctor of all prescription and nonprescription medication you may use. Do not start or stop any medicine without doctor or pharmacist approval.

Mechanism Of Action: Vitamin minerals and health Suppliments
Elemental Zinc
Pregnancy: C Lactation: L4 Lab: NA Food: NA

Typical usage: Vitamin minerals and health Suppliments

Side Effects: Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.

Mechanism Of Action: Vitamin minerals and health Suppliments
Folic Acid
Pregnancy: A Lactation: L1 Lab: NA Food: NA

Typical usage: Folate-deficient. Megaloblastic anaemia. Prophylaxis of megaloblastic anemia in pregnancy. Prophylaxis of neural tube defect in pregnancy. Malabsorption syndromes. Antiepileptic therapy.

Side Effects: Neuropathy, bronchospasm, itchy skin eruptions, malaise.

Drug Interaction: Interacts with other drugs like deferoxamine, epoetin, fosphenytoin, methotrexate, sulphasalazine. These interactions are sometimes beneficial and sometimes may pose threats to life. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.

Mechanism Of Action: Folic acid, as it is biochemically inactive, is converted to tetrahydrofolic acid and methyltetrahydrofolate by dihydrofolate reductase. These folic acid congeners are transported across cells by receptor-mediated endocytosis where they are needed to maintain normal erythropoiesis, synthesize purine and thymidylate nucleic acids, interconvert amino acids, methylate tRNA, and generate and use formate. Using vitamin B12 as a cofactor, folic acid can normalize high homocysteine levels by remethylation of homocysteine to methionine via methionine synthetase.

sirisha says :

Hi im 20 year old. Recently i had recovered from dengue. I Am having a terrible hair loss and my ferritin level is 24.My doctor prescribed me orofer xt total once a week .Is this dosage sufficient to increase my ferritin levels?
hoping for a response
Thanks in advance :)

Galega says :

Your doctor must have some reason to prescribe this dose. I would suggest you to follow the prescription. It is not a good idea to change the prescription on the advise someone has given you on the Internet. Trust your doctor. You may also consult the doctor after three weeks with new blood test report.

Hi Doctor,

I recently got my blood test done and my ferritin is as low as 8.5 and my hydrovitamin D is 4.20. I was prescribed Orofer XT and also D-rise 2000IU, colecalciferol sachet. Now I’m been going to bloated stomach. is it because of Orofer XT? Please advice. Thank you.

Galega says :

Yes, it is definitely a side effect of Orofer XT. I think you should feel fine within 2 - 3 days. If not, please consult the doctor who had prescribed it and discuss the issue.

Hi Doctor,

Thank you for your advice and feedback.

I was told to take Forex XT instead. Does it have the same effect as Orofer XT?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Galega says :

Yes, both are same. You should follow the prescription of your doctor. If your hemoglobin doesn’t rise to an optimum level, discuss the matter with your OBGyne. Don’t change the prescription on your own.

Hi Doctor,

I was told by the same doctor to change it to Ferox XT. I will see how it goes and maybe consult again. I just got my blood test on the 14th Feb. Do you recommend I should get my blood test again?

Sorry for the continuous question.

Thank you.

Galega says :

If your doctor will find it fit to recommend a blood test, she will do that. You are not required to take any initiatives. Just keep taking medicines as prescribed by your doctor.

Anwar says :

Dear Sir

I go Chennai and meet doctor. I have some low haemoglobin around 10 some times I feel very weak.doc advise take orofer XT. I am from Bangladesh I am starting my medicine but my medicin is finished I wait another 15 days for coming medicine from India then again start but I am not feel well, when I take first take feel better but now not some pain not to good sleep. My ferrtin is ok just hemoglobin is low. Please advise what I do. Not possible go India now. Please

Galega says :

Why are you waiting for medicine to come from India? You can find substitute in Bangladesh. There are many alternative. Low hg count is a general problem which happens everywhere and there are medicines/supplements available throughout the world for the treatment. You should consult a doctor and ask for a suitable alternative.

Megha says :

Hii Dr.

I have some skin problems like drake circles recently my skin Dr has prescribed me orofex XT for 2 months for hemoglobin with doing my blood test.
Dr told me that I may have motion problem and I’m facing that.
Please suggest me sir if there would be any side effects and should i continue the tablets please respond.

Galega says :

You should continue to take it for the duration prescribed by your doctor. The motion problem may not be an issue here. You are already diagnosed with low hg count. I would suggest you to follow the suggestion of your doctor.

parvesh bajaj says :

hello i am a 26 years old male weight 69 kg. i have a low haemoglobin of 8.5 i have been prescribed orofer xt tablet 1 perday by my doctor. i plan to do a mountaineering course in a month. for which i require atleast 13. will i be able to reach 13 within a month by just taking one tablet a day. please advice.

Galega says :

One tablet a day may not be able to increase the haemoglobin level to that level. But, taking more tablet will also not do this. You need to consult your doctor and ask for suggestions regarding diets. Blood transfusion may also be an option, if you desperately want to have that hg level.

Nnikitha says :

I have taken the orofex xt for three month but it madetoo hair fall any side effects from this tablet.

Galega says :

I don’t think that Orofer XT is the reason behind your hairfall. That might be just a coincidence and happening because of some other issues. You should use a good anti hairfall solution.

Nikhitha says :

Thank you for your reply sir. Can you suggest me anti hairfall solution please. If it is continue I will get bald … that much it is falling from one month.
Thank you soo much sir.

Galega says :

Try Trichup Hair Oil. The best for hair fall problem.

Nnikitha says :

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26409211280630/k2311a094/9.4.07