BPI Family Bank  » Finance  »
1.0
  • I have yet to decide whether or not I love this bank
  • Unfortunately, I was stuck in an area with floods and no electricity

• by jay-l

I have yet to decide whether or not I love this bank; but with recent events I may end up hating them. Due to the storm last week, there were some areas in Manila that experienced some black outs. Unfortunately, I was stuck in an area with floods and no electricity.

I went to the nearest BPI ATM location, and to my dismay the machine was not powered. I would have thought that an institution as big as Bank of the Philippine Islands would have a

back up power source for their ATMs as well as branch offices.

Apparently, they had none or if they had it probably ran out of gasoline (or whatever energy source it uses) before electrical power was restored. That was the first straw.

The second one came yesterday. I was going to withdraw some money to pay my housekeeper.

I got there, and waited in line for 30 minutes. The people were getting frustrated because their transactions were getting timed out.

Not one of the people there ...

• were able to dispense money. When it was my turn, I tried but to no avail.

I came home empty handed. This morning I inquired about what happened, and it would seem that BPI was affected by some sort of international cable break which caused some networks to fail (an example would be my internet provider).

That�s the second reason for my frustration, and the third one will more likely force me to end my decade long business with them. The withdrawal I had made last

night came through to their network as a successful transaction.

I withdrew 10,000 pesos, and will probably not see that money until their investigation is closed; which will take more than 5 banking days. It was a good thing that I had the sense not to withdraw two times, when the first transaction failed to dispense cash.

I will see how long the money will be credited back to my account, and then I will decide if I will still continue to be one of their loyal clients.

christel says :

how to inquire my balance in saving through internet

MEV says :

Hi Christel,

You need to register first at bpiexpressonline.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42309211071030/k2311a093/9.3.07