Westin Paris  » Hotels  »
Paris - France
  • That was a very convenient layout and I felt that the hotel did its best at laying out the floor plan

• by missy

Another nice Westin chain hotel that I have been to would be in Paris and it is called The Westin Paris Hotel. For those of you who are looking for a budget hotel, this is not the one as this hotel is a very expensive hotel. The location is pretty familiar to me, since Louvre is near and everything. What I can say about this hotel is that it is a very nice hotel, with lots of fluent English speaking hotel staff and the only concern would be money and nothing else. My aunt had lots of money to spare since her husband is rich, but sometimes I wanted her

to learn about the value of life more. But since she loves pampering herself and bringing me along, I just cruise along for the ride until I find the courage one day to tell her about being more down-to-earth in her spending. Wish me luck!

So back to the review, The Westin Paris had been around for quite a while and I saw a lot of guests smoking, eating and doing business. There were not that many families around but I am guessing that was because I was there during the schooling period of France. The restaurant served really good food and when we registered with the concierge, I saw that the restroom was pretty close by. That was a very convenient layout and I felt that the hotel did its best at laying out the floor plan. As for the room, my aunt requested for twin beds instead of a king-sized one. The front desk or concierge was kind enough to grand our request and in my mind, I made a mental note that she certainly scored points for the hotel, ha! However, I did not know whether it was a marketing/customer service strategy, but within minutes of calling, she told us very apologetically that the twin beds were outnumbered since many had requested already and could we ...

• Westin Paris
      do with the king-sized? We then agreed since nothing could be done. But I was wondering how true was that though.

As for the hotel room itself, it was fairly nice. The layout was again made nice and there were ample space to move about. However, the internet access was kind of expensive and we stayed clear off it. Upon exploring, we found a cyber-cafe with internet access nearby the hotel and used the services which was way cheaper than the hotel. As for the TV channels, I was kind of surprised that there were fairly lots of program channels like CNN, BBC and Al-Jazeera even. There were

Asian channels like the Malaysian and Japanese as well. It was a very international TV if you ask me.

My aunt and me were already familiar with the layout of Paris more or less and we explored again the Louvre. The main reason that she traveled to Paris again? Yes, for shopping of course. I really wanted to give her \”that talk\” that I told you about. Maybe the next time I sees her, I will try. However, back to The Westin Paris, it is another good Westin Hotel with some pretty nice staff but a good backhanded tactic to refuse a customer’s request politely. I give this an 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2309210720930/k2311a093/9.3.07