Alltel Aiken SC  » Cellular services  »
1.5
Aiken, SC
  • I had been holding out on the purchase for several months because I was not impressed with their current selection of cell phones

• by Sandee Foxten
      Recently, I purchased a new cell phone through my wireless provider, Alltel. I had been holding out on the purchase for several months because I was not impressed with their current selection of cell phones.

Then I came across and ad for the new Samsung Hue, which came with interchangeable face plates and had all the features I was looking for in

my next phone.

I went to the store to make my purchase and the sales person decided to grab two extra accessories, one being the car charger and the other being a pack of faceplates.

These faceplates just happen to be pink, lime green and white.

The phone itself already contained two faceplates, one which was maroon and the other navy blue.

...

• Now, it is my opinion that this is gender discrimination, because a male customer would not normally purchase the extra package with the three colors that are targeted for women.

I feel that this phone should have been originally offered with your choice of faceplates, maybe the blue/red combo and the pink/ lime green combo.

The white faceplate should be neutral and

offered in a pack with the blue/red and the pink/lime green, which is the one already offered.

Being a woman, it was hard to say no to the pack containing the colors women are looking for today on their cell phones.

This is a true example of gender discrimination in my book and Alltel, along with Samsung, should be ashamed of themselves.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22209209900430/k2311a092/9.2.07