Skywalk Observatory  » Travel  »
Massachusetts - Boston, USA
  • First of all, I would like to comment on the great and amazing views that one would get
  • I love the museum exhibits too but I would prefer to be able to watch freely with the kids

• by missy

In Massachusetts, Boston, my whole family and my aunt’s family have been to Skywalk Observatory before. We went in a large group to this fascinating travel destination. If you do go for a visit to Boston, it is a must to check out this place. I give it lots of star ratings.

First of all, I would like to comment on the great and amazing views that one would get. I, for myself was in awe the whole time and I kept whispering to my cousins that it was so beautiful. Even my youngest brother, who was pretending to be “cool” since he was around the cool-angst teenage age, was in awe and keep saying “awesome” all the way.

This Skywalk Observatory is located on a high 50th floor and it is in the Prudential Center. Now, be prepared to bring your high digital cameras along since the spectacular views were certainly unusual. I saw a view of Boston and roughly had gotten an idea of what it was like.

The building has a nice square shape to it and we then went to the observatory floor where we watched 2 short films about Boston. Each film lasted for about 15-20 minutes only. After that, we went to take an audio tour in the small immigration museum. However, this museum has 2 different versions; one for adults and the other for kids. I talked to one ...

• fellow guest who know quite well about Skywalk Observatory and she told me that the not so best thing about visiting this place is because if it is not close for the whole place, it would be partly close due to private events. I didn’t know that this place could make a private event. Must think of it in future then, hmmm..but then I will get people like the lady I talked to swearing for the fact that they couldn’t visit the whole place, ha!

All in all, we spent close to 3 hours inside the observatory open. My favorites would be the movies and the spectacular views anytime. I love the museum exhibits too but I would prefer to be

able to watch freely with the kids. Other than all these, the museum provided me a sentimental feel about what early Boston immigrants might have felt. There were miniature biographies and a lot of short sound clips that were taken as quotes by the early immigrants. There was even a Whispering Wall.

I would say for a detailed take on Boston, you should make a time to visit Skywalk Observatory and hopefully, the whole place is not booked for a private function. If that so happens, you can check for the availability time slots in advance. Although nothing is so spectacular about the things inside Skywalk Observatory, but the views were great. So, I give this review a 7.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38109209740230/k2311a091/9.1.07