Children’s Museum of Indianapolis  » Travel  »
Indianapolis - Indiana, North America
  • This was probably one of the best children's museum that I have ever been to so far and definitely one of the most amazing places ever
  • The only problem all of us had was the amount of walking which made our legs tired and hurt
  • Other than that, it was a great family fun and my siblings including myself enjoyed it tremendously
  • Now, based from my experience, should you want to go and bring your children, be sure to start from top to bottom
  • It was called the SpaceQuest Planetarium and the best part that I had was checking out the steam engine

• by missy

When I was a young teenager and my siblings were younger too, my parents brought us to visit The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis n Indiana. This was probably one of the best children’s museum that I have ever been to so far and definitely one of the most amazing places ever. The only problem all of us had was the amount of walking which made our legs tired and hurt. Other than that, it was a great family fun and my siblings including myself enjoyed it tremendously.

First of all, this trip were planned by my parents as they thought that it would be completely educational for us. We went up to this nice looking building where we saw a really breathtaking garden and we basically walked into it and there were a total of

4 levels of fun and educational tour that awaited us above. Even my parents were like little children, holding our hands while leading us on those levels. Now, based from my experience, should you want to go and bring your children, be sure to start from top to bottom. That would be the best solution. There were only 4th level of touring to do but on the fifth level, there was a rock wall and a very nice backyard with the theme; nature. So, that was why I told you to start from top to bottom since it would not be so tiring also. Basically, you can just walk rather than walk up. Clever, right?

My eldest brother at that time was saying that he would rather stay in the hotel room and going ...

• on to play his game but my parents told that the would not regret following us. True enough, he was the one that went all ga-ga and was in awe the most. We did not make fun of him in fear that he would take offense to that. On the 4th level would be one of my family’s favorite. Basically, there was an old log cabin and there were some old artifacts centuries old. Other than that, there was a Playscape and it was real great fun.

As for the 3rd floor, it was like visiting different countries around a world trip or something. There was a special exhibition center and on top of that was the Eli Lily Center for an exploration or some kind. Level 2 was where the main entrance was

and there was a restaurant and a water clock. Besides that, my youngest brother was so into the Children’s Museum Store which could be found as well and also the InfoZone. Last but not least, the bottom level was where our whole family felt truly relaxed seeing the stars and having fun doing it. It was called the SpaceQuest Planetarium and the best part that I had was checking out the steam engine. It was a real great fun in The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and tickets could range from $10 or so for adults and $4 or so for children from 2-17, if I am not mistaken. So what are you waiting for? Hurry, get your tickets now? It would be especially useful for bonding with your children like my parents did with us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38109209710230/k2311a091/9.1.07