Split Croatia  » Travel  »
Split - Croatia, Europe
  • He was the one that inculcate good history values in ourselves during high school and I think I picked up a thing or two about his travel hobbies
  • Croatian food are nice but it is just that some of us were clueless about the menu and we did not know which one was the best and stuff like that
  • However, the hotel staff were nice enough to recommend some nice Croatian dishes to us and told us which to buy outside of the hotel
  • He obliged to us and we arrived on Brac Island, and true enough, the food were very delicious there
  • Basically, I had a very interesting time and the way people live in Split really opened my eyes that we are not the only ones to live in this Earth

• by missy

Split is a beautiful city in Croatia. I have been to this beautiful city before and it was a field trip during my high school trip last time. We had some destinations to choose from our class budget and it seemed that my History high school teacher at that time was a very enthusiastic traveler. He was the one that inculcate good history values in ourselves during high school and I think I picked up a thing or two about his travel hobbies.

So, our class of 1997 went for this school trip and it was one of the most memorable experiences that I have ever had with my schoolmates and also my high school history teacher, Mr Shanm. The trip was reasonably priced and some of my schoolmates chose not to go since their parents did not allow and stuff like that. As for me, luckily I have such understanding and outgoing parents that allow me to go

for these things for school purposes. We were there for 4 nights only and let me tell you that the sceneries in Split were totally gorgeous. It is certainly an ideal place to mix historical sightseeing inclusive with a beach holiday that Mr Shanm took us.

The beach was only around 5-10 minutes from our hotel rooms at that time. The beautiful and gorgeous beach was made up of shingles which weren’t so comfortable but we all were advised to wear plastic shoes by Mr Shanm. It seemed that he had done his research well for this field trip and he really took care of our welfare well. There was a nice side bar in the beach and after all of us had tire ourselves picnicking, we went to sit outside the bar. But of course, Mr Shanm only allowed us to take non-alcoholic drinks. For those who did not abide by the rules would be grounded ...

• in the hotel rooms. So that pretty made us scared since we wanted to explore the other parts of Split. Since it was for a fun cum historical study purpose, we went to a couple of nice museums. Including were antiquities, art and anthropology. We also visited Diocletian’s Palace, which was a palace built for the Roman Emperor. However, it was not a full palace since there were only few remains left to it. We did take some pictures of the remains and my history teacher kept talking about the Roman Empire and some of the more studious students took notes. Everything was perfect but the difficult part was to find food.

Don’t get me wrong; Croatian food are nice but it is just that some of us were clueless about the menu and we did not know which one was the best and stuff like that. However, the hotel staff were nice enough to recommend

some nice Croatian dishes to us and told us which to buy outside of the hotel. We were recommended to eat on Brac Island and we did take a ferry trip for the port. It was not part of the school curriculum trip but all of us begged the teacher to take us there and that we would fork out our own ferry trip. He obliged to us and we arrived on Brac Island, and true enough, the food were very delicious there. We visited an old town there and there were also lovely beaches around. Basically, I had a very interesting time and the way people live in Split really opened my eyes that we are not the only ones to live in this Earth. There are lots of people from other different cultures and ethnicities and the world is indeed a beautiful place. Split was at that time, and I’m guessing, it still is.

Split Croatia

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38109209700230/k2311a091/9.1.07