Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur  » Hotels  »
Jalan Sultan Ismail - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • So, last weekend, my aunt wanted to go Kuala Lumpur for shopping and she brought me along
  • However, after close to 45 minutes, the food were still not there and we called in to know what went wrong with our orders

• by missy

Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur is another chain of hotel that I have been to. Kuala Lumpur is a nice place to be at and pretty near to my hometown, Singapore. Usually, my aunt’s husband would bring his family and sometimes me for short trips to Kuala Lumpur. Usually, we just took a drive to reach there and for a consistent driving, you can reach Kuala Lumpur in 5-6 hours. But if you drive fast, perhaps, 3 hours would be possible.

So, last weekend, my aunt wanted to go Kuala Lumpur for shopping and she brought me along. Her husband drove while I sat behind with their lovely children. We had planned to stay in Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur and enjoy the sightseeings there while doing some

shopping. Malaysia’s currency is little than Singapore currency and for say, a $50, I could get close to $100 in Malaysia. So, that is how I could afford a large shopping spree whenever I visit Kuala Lumpur, or also known as KL. We arrived slightly earlier to Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur and we then went to check in.

Initially my aunt had gotten a room above me. But she was worried since I would be sleeping alone and she hoped the concierge could make a special arrangement to change my room on the same floor as her. Luckily, there was this particular couple who just checked out and it was the opposite of my aunt’s room. So, their services were definitely efficient. When we went ...

• to our rooms, I discovered that the air-conditioning at that time barely worked and it still went kaput after my aunt had called in the concierge to send a maintenance staff. Luckily, the concierge staff were very pleasant and after we requested for a service maintenance, the man came up less than half an hour.

The hotel rooms looked pretty old, dark and damp as well. We felt kind of hungry and ordered for room service. We ordered Nasi Lemak (a Malaysian dish consisting of coconut rice with some nice dishes like fish or chicken) and were waiting patiently. However, after close to 45 minutes, the food were still not there and we called in to know what went wrong with our orders. The lady said that it

would be right up in the next 5-10 minutes. 10 minutes was up and still there was no knock on our doors. When the food arrived close to 20 minutes late, we asked the staff and she said that she just got the food from the “downstairs people”. I rolled my eyes. That means that there were different staff handling this matter altogether. No wonder it was so late. That was not so efficient on the hotel’s part.

Last but not least, we stayed during the weekend and on Sunday night, we packed our bags for the drive home. Though the shopping spree was as per normal great, I have mixed feelings about Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur Hotel though. And for that, I give it a 6.

Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2109209660230/k2311a091/9.1.07