Grand Bahama  » Travel  »
Bahamas
  • First, it started with 3 days, then 4 and I got fed up waiting for him to call me back that I decided to go for a last minute unplanned holiday to Grand Bahama in Bahamas
  • I dragged my best friend along, and I paid for her expenses
  • The resort that we stayed had some nice and loud music playing and for a fact that there was a pool bar made my trip seemed very interesting
  • The night live might appeared boring to those really hyper and fun-loving types but I was fine with it
  • It was really a great experience going to Grand Bahama and do not miss the Marketplace

• by missy

There was this one time when I had a big row with my boyfriend and we did not talk with each other for a week. First, it started with 3 days, then 4 and I got fed up waiting for him to call me back that I decided to go for a last minute unplanned holiday to Grand Bahama in Bahamas. I dragged my best friend along, and I paid for her expenses. She knew what was wrong but she was nice enough to not nag me about it and went along with me for the trip.

It was a blessing in disguise actually; the fight between my boyfriend and me. Apparently, Grand Bahama turned out be a very nice place and after we had made up since, the next few months, he brought me again to the place again and it has been one of our favorite destinations since. Here is my

review.

First of all, for those who you who have not been to Grand Bahama before, let me tell you that I was truly in awe of the fact that the airport was really cute and is pinkish in color. Getting through customs was easy and then we went to the resort by taking a cab ride. One look at the resort and I knew that boyfriend or not boyfriend, I was going to get through this. The resort that we stayed had some nice and loud music playing and for a fact that there was a pool bar made my trip seemed very interesting. After resting for a bit, we went to the beach and it was a very relaxing beach get-away. The beach was kind of isolated and we rented chairs and basically just lounged around. My friend went snorkeling while I just looked upon. She wanted me to ...

• try the jet ski which was a lot fun but I was looking through my cellphone the whole time. She said that it sort of defeats the purpose that I would be looking at my cellphone the whole time and that I might as well flew home. So, I took on her challenge, kept my cellphone and went jet skiing with her. It was indeed pure fun and along the beach area, were some women trying to sell anklets to us. My friend kept saying no but they were persistent. In the end, I bought some to bring home.

As for the next few days, we went shopping and we got the resort tour-guide to bring us around. We managed to catch a live performance at night and watched some nice cultural Bahamas dance. The night live might appeared boring to those really hyper and fun-loving types but I was fine

with it. The hospitality of the Bahamas people were very warm and there was never one time that I felt truly lonely. I managed to tuck away my boyfriend problem just by being there for the second day.

It was really a great experience going to Grand Bahama and do not miss the Marketplace. There was an outdoor restaurant and it was a real Caribbean retreat. My friend sort of danced to the beat and the live entertainment were there for mostly on Friday and Saturday nights. There were great dancing there as well and it was so incredible. The costumes were very gorgeous and I laughed so much looking at people dancing arm in arm and there were small children joining in the fun as well. In short, Grand Bahama is a magical place by itself. Be sure to catch the fun if you do go there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38109209650230/k2311a091/9.1.07