Willard Inter-Continental  » Hotels  »
Pennsylvania Ave - Washington DC, USA
  • I have always thought that there are never interesting hotels to be at while in Washington DC
  • The best things about being in this hotel that I had observed was that it appeared to be a less-touristy area, the food were simply and truly wonderful and the staff were all very genuine people putting customer service as their number one priority
  • I couldn't praise enough and you have to go for yourself to have an out of the world hotel experience that I would give a 10, without a single doubt

• by missy

I have always thought that there are never interesting hotels to be at while in Washington DC. I sure was wrong. This great chain hotel again, The Willard Inter-Continental proves to me once more that Inter-Continental chain of hotels is something not to be messed with. If you know what I mean, ha!

I was with my mom and siblings only last year for a visit to Washington DC. My dad did not follow us due to some work commitments. So, my eldest brother acted like the head of the family to replace my dad temporarily. I sure must say that he really did his “job” well and took care of us while we were there. That, and for the fact that The Willard Inter-Continental is a very nice hotel that added on to our

good moods.

The best things about being in this hotel that I had observed was that it appeared to be a less-touristy area, the food were simply and truly wonderful and the staff were all very genuine people putting customer service as their number one priority. The con side would be that the finishings appeared to be kind of not so matched. There were some looks of contemporary designs while the other part of the room appeared to have a “country feel” to it. So, I am guessing the interior designers either had a fight on ideas or they were just plainly confused, ha!

Now, my whole family (minus my dad) really loved the beds. We call it the “giant” beds since they were so huge and could fit two monsters in it. The pillows were very luxurious ...

• and there was a complete set of comforter, slippers, a robe and an umbrella even. The phone lines had ISDN cables that could match up to the laptop and we did went online for some wireless activities. Shortly said, the amenities in the room were pretty matched up with the modern times as opposed to the confusing designs. As for the bathrooms, they seemed like a giant size as well, with a separate shower area. The soaps had herbal flavors and everything from the towels to the racks smelled nice. There was an in-bathroom speaker but the speaker was broken and we couldn’t be bothered to call for maintenance since we would prefer to shower quickly and enjoy the other parts of the hotel.

When we had enough of the settings in the room and resting, my

family went to explore the places outside the hotel. The local people were all very friendly and they sort of smiled and nodded at us as a polite gesture. That kind of took me by surprise, but a pleasant one. Then, feeling exhausted but happy nevertheless, we went back to our hotel rooms and requested for a room service. I would say that the process time for an order after we put the phone down was done pretty quick and the staff delivering the food and drinks we ordered were very courteous.

I couldn’t stress how notably friendly and courteous all the staff were at The Willard Inter-Continental. I couldn’t praise enough and you have to go for yourself to have an out of the world hotel experience that I would give a 10, without a single doubt.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2109209630230/k2311a091/9.1.07