InterContinental Hotel Chicago  » Hotels  »
Chicago - Illinois, USA
  • There is an amazing pool that don the place and I find everything in this hotel truly luxurious
  • The location is pretty convenient as well and it was not a hassle finding it
  • But upon going there, I thought that they were wrong altogether
  • The staff were all very pleasant people and never once did I have any problem with them whatsoever
  • For a bit of an upscale feel and great experience, I really recommend InterContinental Hotel Chicago to just about anyone visiting Chicago

• by missy

Another InterContinental Hotel that I have been to would be in Chicago. And this was 2 years back when I went with one of my friends that I sometimes meet up for gatherings and stuff like that. Her name is Tina and she brought along her boyfriend and so did I. So, there were 4 of us making our way to visit Chicago and we stayed in InterContinental Hotel while over there.

InterContinental Hotel Chicago is fine for a bargain price. There is an amazing pool that don the place and I find everything in this hotel truly luxurious. The location is pretty convenient as well and it was not a hassle finding it. Before I went for this trip, a couple of my other friends were warning me about this hotel

saying that their staff were nasty, rude and stuff like that. But upon going there, I thought that they were wrong altogether. The staff were all very pleasant people and never once did I have any problem with them whatsoever. We spent around 2 nights there for a $150-200 per night. That was not bad, considering everything wonderful about this hotel.

Although my boyfriend is a smoker, I requested for a non-smoking room for us both since I couldn’t stand smoke. It was kind of a pity to see him going to the lobby each time he wanted to exhale, ha! As for my friend and her boyfriend, they also got a non-smoking room and they seemed happy about it. They were just next door to us and let me tell ...

• you, the feeling of a double-date holiday is really pure fun. Now, let\’s talk about the room. It was considerably big and very, very clean. There was a small hallway leading to it and just as we walked in, we noticed a very nice and beautiful closet that even had robes inside it.

Other than that, the bathroom was very pretty and my boyfriend jokingly call it the “female bathroom” for its gender. The toiletries were very fresh looking and smelled nice too. However, there was a ridiculous Evian bottle that had a tag of around $5+. Luckily, we didn’t drink it. That was pretty ridiculous for an Evian bottle, don’t you think so?

As for the room decor, it was made of some nice and warm colors. The

hallways were donned in wallpapers that were quite cheap looking, considering InterContinental Hotel Chicago to be a pretty upscale hotel. I was pretty happy with the rest of the hotel and label it as pretty luxurious and elegant. Another attraction to this hotel was the Junior Olympic-sized pool. The pool was done up well architectural wise and there were a lot of tourists lounging around and taking a dip in it.

The breakfast was very nice and we had a free one. The concierge were always on a welcoming mood and they were very nice even when we asked about the “free” things that were available in our pay package. For a bit of an upscale feel and great experience, I really recommend InterContinental Hotel Chicago to just about anyone visiting Chicago.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2109209610230/k2311a091/9.1.07