Peninsula Bangkok  » Hotels  »
Bangkok, Thailand
  • Bangkok, Thailand is a very nice place to visit and I really recommend this place to just about anyone at all
  • For those who are visiting, one of the best hotel that is amazing to stay would be The Peninsula Bangkok
  • Upon arriving, all of us decided to get a considerable size room and we were thinking the best would be Deluxe room types
  • Upon the concierge recommendations, we decided to go with it, and boy didn't we regret one bit
  • As for food and service, I personally think that they were the most interesting highlights in The Peninsula Bangkok and I would never forget the pampered deluxe stay that we all had

• by missy

Bangkok, Thailand is a very nice place to visit and I really recommend this place to just about anyone at all. For those who are visiting, one of the best hotel that is amazing to stay would be The Peninsula Bangkok. Now, this hotel has just about everything and for any negative thing that I would like to say about this hotel? Zero, none!

First of all, the whole of my family and relatives were making our way to Bangkok some time back for a cheap shopping spree. For those of you who still don’t have a clue about Bangkok’s shopping, it is a shopper’s paradise. Designer labels; a lot of imitations around and you can even get the original labels at half prices as well. Upon arriving, all of us decided to get a considerable size room and we were thinking the best would be Deluxe room types.

Upon the concierge recommendations, we decided to go with it, and boy didn’t we regret one bit.

First of all, we had to walk through a hallway via a wood and that ended with the dressing room and the bath was also separated from the bedroom. The bedroom was pretty nice with a king-sized bed piled high and there were also pillows and a very nice comforter. Other than that, I love the fact that there were a couch, chair, desk and a TV console as well. My room had views of both the pool and river from a distance and the windows were designed very nicely. Every detail from the drapes up to the lightings were perfect and it gave the bedroom a really nice glow. One extra necessity that I felt did not have to be a lot were the phones. There were around 3 phones in the room and ...

• if not for necessity, it was adequate to say that it provided an extra touch to the Deluxe room.

Some other extra nice touches that The Peninsula Bangkok provided would be the morning papers in the hallway in the mornings of our stay there and there were also a boot box or some kind for hotel guests to store shoes in them. Now, this is special. Whenever I put my shoes inside a box, the next morning, my shoes would be shiningly clean. It seemed that the chambermaid made it a point to polish all shoes and there were staff catered to it.

One of my uncle was not feeling well at that time and he was alone at the time. We thought that he was having a mild fever but apparently, he was pretty sick. Luckily, the chambermaid at that time was cleaning the next room and she knocked my uncle’s room, but there

was no reply. So, she went in, thinking that there was no one and that she could do her cleaning. When she saw how sick my uncle was, she went high and low to look for us, when in actual fact, we were in the swimming pool area. We were so touched and one of my other uncle brought him to the nearest clinic. We were so thankful by the staff gesture and told the manager about it how we truly appreciated her help. She could have ignored and we wouldn’t have known about it.

As for food and service, I personally think that they were the most interesting highlights in The Peninsula Bangkok and I would never forget the pampered deluxe stay that we all had. The Peninsula proves that Bangkok is another great chain hotel that other hotels should follow their examples in terms of service and respectability towards the hotel guests.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2109209600230/k2311a091/9.1.07