Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage  » Food  »
  • I love having Odom's Tennessee Pride Sausage for breakfast, it is a great addition to French toast or waffles
  • I like mine well-done, almost to the point of crunchy

• by Frederick

I love having Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage for breakfast, it is a great addition to French toast or waffles. This sausage is sold whole or sliced, in a box.

We have bought both versions; the taste is the same, but each packaging type has its own advantages and disadvantages.

When you buy a whole sausage, you

have to thaw and slice it before you can fry it, and this can be tricky.

If you thaw it too much, the sausage will get all sloppy and slippery, and you will probably end up slicing it way too thick; and if it is not thawed enough, the frozen sausage is hard as a rock,

• which makes slicing even more difficult.

So when I first saw the sliced version sold in a box, I thought, hey, that’s great!! No thawing or slicing, just put it on a frying pan and cook.

Well, that is true; however, the pre-cut slices tend to stick together so hard that it still takes some work

to separate them.

The sausage is made of pork and has spices added in it, so you don’t need to season it as you cook.

As I’ve already said, I love the way it tastes.

I like mine well-done, almost to the point of crunchy.

Perhaps it is not the healthiest food out there, but it is good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27109209390130/k2311a091/9.1.07