Cingular  » Cellular services  »
  • I signed-on to my Cingular/AT&T account two weeks later and noticed that they still did not lock down my upgrade feature on both phone lines

• by mreese100

My family plan was due for contract renewal this month. On 8/1, I signed-on to my Cingular/AT&T account and chose to upgrade my phones with a credit card. I selected 2 Motorola RAZR 3.

X phones. The advertised price was $49.

99 per phone with $50 mail-in rebate. The cost of the upgrade

is $18 per phone.

I received both phone on 8/3 and send in the rebates for $100 (2 phones). So far, so good.

I signed-on to my Cingular/AT&T account two weeks later and noticed that they still did not lock down my upgrade feature on both phone lines. I also check ...

• my credit card account and noticed that they did not charge me for the phones and/or upgrade fees.

However, they did processed and approved the rebates for $100. I called their support line and asked ‘what happen?’ and I was told that they will look into the matter and will get

back to me.

I still do not get a callback or email from Cingular/AT&T. Summary- I got 2 free phones, no contract and getting $100 (rebate) back.

Few times in life that corporate screw-up actually benefits the end-users (consumers). I agreed with their slogan.

This is ‘the Fairest deal in the wireless’.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22109209370130/k2311a091/9.1.07