Toronto Pearson International Airport  » Airlines  »
Airport Rd., Toronto, ON, Ca
  • I know theres one in Hamilton but this is the one that most people go to because it is big

• by shiro_manjuu

This is the biggest airport in Ontario, Canada. I know theres one in Hamilton but this is the one that most people go to because it is big. In fact, I find it bigger than most airports so it is really easy to get lost in. However, the people working there are really nice each time I go there, I can never find my flight I mean not that I seriously tried because I just wanted to check in as soon as possible so I dont want to spend time trying to read signs because they are sometimes confusing. The people are helpful and will always direct you to the right place within minutes. Theyre really nice too I was pushing this trolley and

it was pretty heavy and this guy who was showing us direction, stopped and asked me if I needed help. This is a really gentlemen-gesture, but also just really nice and polite because, he totally didnt have to help me it was not part of his job but he chose to do so anyway so it was kind of kind of him. Anyway if you are going with cathay pacific, the people working for them are especially nice they understand that many seniors going there are not that well with English or know no English at all, thus they are understanding that its intimating to be in a such a big airport so they try to help out and everything.

If you are ...

• bringing in foreign foods like ginseng into Canada or to Hong Kong, you have to go to the customs to get this label on the food first or else they wont allow it. Its for security reasons. In fact after the Sept. 11 incident, all the securities have been tighter. For a while, they never asked anyone to open their bags to search but now they do. However I do find that it is sometimes unfair how they exercise this right. For examples, they dont really search the Asians, but they search the people who look like they might be from Iraq or something. I dont know maybe its just a safety precaution but I see it as discrimination, to some degree.

Anyway they are

helpful with people trying to find flights we had a flight that was delayed for over 4 hours and everyone was really worried but they went around reassuring people. This was during the time where the plane was high by a great typhoon in hong kong. These people are professional and very sympathetic the kind of people you want to be working with basically.

All in all, a pretty professional airport to be in. Also though, the food is expensive so after we check out, we always drive back out to a nearby tim hortons to eat, to save money. Also parking is really hard to find in there and sometimes things may get a bit hectic with all the buses and trucks coming in.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 403008209030731/k2311a0830/8.30.07