Disney Land HK  » Travel  »
Hong Kong
  • However when I went back to HK, I noticed there is not a lot of hype about Disney land as I originally had though there would be
  • Also the rides are not that fun I mean they are still more fun than the ones of ocean park in terms of excitement but ocean park has rides that are way more original which in my opinion, is best because there are sooo many amusement parks out there the one that stands out is going to attract more people
  • Anyway however I still enjoyed it but there was really nothing special about the place as a whole
  • I mean I know its official merchandise AND theyre souvenirs so they jack up the price, but there is nothing really worth getting, to me anyway

• by shiro_manjuu

This is probably one of the newer Disney lands, which only really opened recently and recently being in the last couple of years. However when I went back to HK, I noticed there is not a lot of hype about Disney land as I originally had though there would be. In fact people are more enthusiastic about Ocean Park, which is like the place that represents hong kong, not Disney. Ocean Park actually has a really long history which goes all they way back, even thirty years ago. Thus Hong Kong people are actually showing more pride for Ocean Park because of its long history, than say Disney Land. I wouldnt blame them either there is nothing great about this Disney land. I havent been to other Disney lands so far, but if they are all like the hong kong one, then I probably wont be going. Also, amusement parks arent as popular amongst hong kong people as the people in north America where kids

love to go on them. Disney park is pretty expensive so first of all, not everyone has that kind of money the wages in Hong Kong are not a lot. Thus its mostly tourists going there, or people that have never went before and would like to try at least once.

When I went I had expected it to be kind of like Canadas wonderland, which is always jammed packed in the summer no matter what day of the week you go on. The Disney land I went to wasnt crowded at all! I mean yes, there are still a considerate amount of people but it is nothing compared to Wonderland. I was really surprised where is all the hype about Disney land coming from? Also the rides are not that fun I mean they are still more fun than the ones of ocean park in terms of excitement but ocean park has rides that are way more original which ...

• in my opinion, is best because there are sooo many amusement parks out there the one that stands out is going to attract more people. Anyway however I still enjoyed it but there was really nothing special about the place as a whole. No magic about it, as I had once thought about when the word Disney came to mind, when I was little.

The souvenirs are really expensive. I mean still pretty cheap if you convert it back to US dollars or Canadian dollars, however in terms of HK standards, its not really something you would purchase. I mean I know its official merchandise AND theyre souvenirs so they jack up the price, but there is nothing really worth getting, to me anyway. The souvenir shops are always so empty too nobody else is doing shopping either. In fact, I really think that the Disney land in HK is really just one of those places that people go to to kill time. Hong

Kong people dont tend to like these things too much I realized theyre more into events like conventions and shopping and even ocean park, which has rides but most importantly, its really the only marine land in HK which is why people go to it. But Disney? Pooey, there are a lot of those around.

Also the food is bad! And if its not bad, its expensive and if not that, its both. However, this is going to be same no matter where you go, even Wonderland and ocean park their food prices are always jacked up to at least twice the price or even triple. Worst of all, you arent even allowed to bring in your own food. You arent even allowed to bring water!! What is with that? I mean for health reasons, people should be allowed to bring water especially in that heated weather in HK. That is kind of unreasonable, even if its for the sake of sales and everything.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383008209000731/k2311a0830/8.30.07