Juh Sum Hong Kong Hotel  » Hotels  »
Near Lan Kwai Fong, HK
  • I havent really had any experience with this and I thought you only tip if you take their help like, take the towels they hand you
  • They have this soup called Tom Yum which is a signature dish I know its soup but it actually has a lot of stuff in it too like herbs, potatoes, I dont know what else but it is really good however it is too spicey for me
  • This place has surpassed all my expectations and I am impressed
  • The prices are alright too I think people will enjoy this

• by shiro_manjuu

Juh Sum HK Hotel is a pretty newly built hotel at the heart of Wong Kok. Its known for famous celebrities staying there but I havent actually seen any. I have seen some pictures of the rooms and they all look pretty nice. Anyway people dont actually go there to stay in the rooms but for the excellent line of restaurants they have inside. One of them is called Alas Kitchen. Anyway for other related services their bathrooms are nice but they actually make you tip! I havent really had any experience with this and I thought you only tip if you take their help like, take the towels they hand you. At least the bathroom is pretty nice though.

There is also an Alas Kitchen over here in Canada but

they are actually completely different. Alas Kitchen is actually located in Lan Kwai Fong shopping mall in Hong Kong. I mean this IS a food place since its Alas KITCHEN but it also sells a lot of other things like herbs and spices and such which was surprising. There are also a lot of samples and such. The people there are really nice but it was kind of hard to communicate with them since they only spoke Chinese and we werent all that good with the language just yet. Anyway their spices and herbs are actually from Thai so a lot of them, we have never even heard of them. Anyway, like its name, it does sell food of course, and you can sit down and order some stuff ...

• if you want. Its quite good. We have a coupon for a free meal those set meal things. It was good. If not for the couple it would have been like over $200 Hong Kong. However that is probably still cheap if you convert it, but it is not that cheap in terms of hong kong money.

Their food was just simply delicious. They use a lot of herbs though so everything was so strong but also rich in smell and taste. They have this soup called Tom Yum which is a signature dish I know its soup but it actually has a lot of stuff in it too like herbs, potatoes, I dont know what else but it is really good however it is too spicey

for me. My parents loved it though because they can handle it but not I; I was practically screaming for water in my head. However it was so good that I couldnt resist just take a spoonful from time to time, until my brother got fed up that I was stealing his food and drank it all.

Anyhow this place is decorated pretty well too the lighting is sort of dimmed to give mood and atmosphere. The chairs are those comfy nice kinds. I didnt really expect this from a restaurant, as nice as it is. Because it is not like a high class restaurant so I expected something normal. This place has surpassed all my expectations and I am impressed. The prices are alright too I think people will enjoy this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23008208950631/k2311a0830/8.30.07