Mr. Bean’s Holiday  » Movies  »
  • I personally enjoyed these similarities, I didn't think they were repetitive
  • I recommend this to anyone who likes good comedy, whether you are a Bean fan or not

• by Frederick

Attention all Mr. Bean fans - the new Bean movie is out! I went and saw “Mr. Bean’s Holiday” a couple of days ago, and I am here to report that is was a treat.

Mr. Bean won a trip to Cannes at a church raffle (and no, he didn’t

cheat to win it; I thought he would, but I was wrong). He sets off to France, taking with him a small hand-held video camera he also won. Of course, mishaps follow - or this wouldn’t be a Bean movie.

As someone who has seen all Bean’s TV episodes, I could ...

• see some borrowings from those; Bean entertaining a kid on the train is similar to the episode on the airplane, and Bean eating at a fancy French restaurant is very close to the TV episode about him at a restaurant. I personally enjoyed these similarities, I didn’t think they were
        repetitive; after all, we are seeing the same character, so it is only reasonable that he behaves in the same way in similar situations. And there were some new developments in the character, too.

I recommend this to anyone who likes good comedy, whether you are a Bean fan or not.

Mr. Bean's Holiday

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112908208620431/k2311a0829/8.29.07