Electric Scissors  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • We do a lot of sewing in our home, so I bought Singer Smart Scissors which are a cordless scissors which run on battery
  • I found Singer Smart Scissors difficult to use, and not especially sharp
  • I was disappointed in the quality of the blade, given that Singer also puts out sewing machines and should know what type of blade is needed for household craft and sewing projects

• by Melissa Glenn

We do a lot of sewing in our home, so I bought Singer Smart Scissors which are a cordless scissors which run on battery. These Scissors have been actively marketed on television, and usually retail for $19.95 CDN, I was lucky to buy them on sale at our local hardware store for $9.95.

These Singer Scissors are made out of durable white plastic and

the handle is easy to grip and manipulate. The on/off safety switch is easy to use and in close proximity to the handles, but not in a way that you could actually set these battery operated scissors off accidentally.

I had high hopes for these cordless scissors they are advertised as being able to cut through ‘almost anything’ but this was simply not the ...

• case. To begin with the actual blade on the scissors is only about half an inch long, and easily gets jammed when cutting bristelboard and cardboard, never mind tough fabric! When we used them to cut even simple cotton fabric, we repeatedly had to start/stop and switch the scissors off then on again when they jammed.

I found Singer Smart Scissors difficult to use,

and not especially sharp. In the end I went back to my regular sewing scissors these were simply not worth the effort. I was disappointed in the quality of the blade, given that Singer also puts out sewing machines and should know what type of blade is needed for household craft and sewing projects. Save your money, stick to regulars scissors, I did.

quick note by anonymous :

You get what you pay for.

Uly says :

You sure do

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532908208460331/k2311a0829/8.29.07