Suburban Extended Stay Orlando  » Hotels  »
0.5
Delegates Drive, Orlando Florida
  • If you happen to be lodging in Orlando, or anywhere for that matter, please avoid this chain like the plague
  • It certainly made for a memorable honeymoon, but I wouldn't recommend the experience to others

• by EJ

For our honeymoon, my husband and I went to Disney World in Orlando Florida. Less than a week before our wedding day, I received an email stating that our original hotel had changed affiliations and would no longer honor our reservation. I immediately called Choice Hotels and spoke with a very friendly and helpful man who directed me to the closest available hotel, The Suburban Extended Stay.

When we arrived, the person at the front desk was extremely polite and directed us toward our room. Once we opened

the door to our Honeymoon quarters, we were both speechless. What was suppose to be suite was a small enclosed square of a room. What was suppose to be a full kitchen was a small closet with a built in sink. What was once weatherstripping on the bottom of the door was actually a two inch gap of open space. Little did we know this was just the begining.

My husband plopped himself down on the bed and the mattress caved in beneath him. The bathroom fan ...

• didn’t work, which made for a pretty hot steamy mess of a shower. The bugs and salamanders and rainwater were all free to enter our room courtesy the door gap. We were only allowed two pillows and one roll of toilet paper.

But my favorite thing of all was the fully equipped kitchen. With this fully equipped package we were provided one plastic spatula, with complementary egg residue, one coffee mug, a butter knife and the lid to a frying pan. When we found the four year

old phone book to find a place for dinner, the page containing Mexican Restaurants had been ripped out. Ironic.

If you happen to be lodging in Orlando, or anywhere for that matter, please avoid this chain like the plague. When the banner out front reads ‘Under New Management’ thats probably not a good thing. When the title of the facility has to imply your length of stay, they’re probably suggestive selling to you. It certainly made for a memorable honeymoon, but I wouldn’t recommend the experience to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22908208220331/k2311a0829/8.29.07