The Afghan by Fredrick Forsyth
  • I bought a pirated copy of The Afghan by Fredrick Forsyth for Rs

• by My-Dodo-Reviews

The other day I was waiting for the red light to turn green in my car at one of the numerous traffic signals in the city of New Delhi.A 7-8 year old with loads of books in hand approached me.He gave me a warm smile and literally begged me to buy one of his books citing the reason that he did

not have the money to have a breakfast.Usually I dont give in to such pleas but I felt that kid had some truth in his eyes.The hunger showed on his face.I bought a pirated copy of The Afghan by Fredrick Forsyth for Rs.50 ($1.2)

Later that day I found that I had made a good buy with that purchase as the book ...

• turned out to be an interesting fiction written in typical Forsyth style.

The central character of the story is a UK armed services officer who was born and brought up in Kuwait till the First Gulf war.The guy,Martin, was an expert with Arabic and could pass off easily as an Arab.This trait of his was exploited by UK & US secret agencies

and he was infiltrated into the ranks of AL Qaeda plotting a sinister plot against USA which promised to make the destruction of Twin towers look miniscule.He infiltrates the Al Qaeda posing as an Afghan who had fought against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

All in all the novel proved to be an engrossing read and a good time pass like most Forsyth novels.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172908208210331/k2311a0829/8.29.07