AXIS BANK
  • The bank no doubt is one of the best managed banks in the country
  • Another major problem of the bank which I am really unhappy about are the high cheque bounce back charges that bank levies

• by My-Dodo-Reviews

I have an account in Axis Bank,formerly UTI bank,located in India for over an year now.The bank no doubt is one of the best managed banks in the country.The Bank has been rapidly spreading its wings in the far flung areas of the country.Withing a short span of time the bank has increased its customer base substantially.The bank appeals not only

to the old but also the young population of India.

The service of the bank is excellent and the bank is a pioneer in providing latest advances in Banking to its customers.Whether it be online banking or Phone banking,the bank does not lag behind.Today the bank provides a single window for all the financial needs of the customers.It also provides homeloans & ...

• other loans at competitive prices.

However the bank still has a long way to go.It mainly caters to the urban population of India.Axis bank realising this shortcoming is now focussed on spreading its network in the rural areas and tier two cities of India.

that bank levies.In addition the other penalties most of the times really hurt the customer.

The minimum balance is Rupees 5000 which once again is a bit too high for the common Indian.

I am sure if the bank management keeps some of these issues in mind,Axis bank has the ability to emerge as one of the top Banks on Indian financial horizon

jayakanthi says :

i want to know about my account balance in axis bank

Jules Li says :

You can use internet banking to access this information. Here’s a link to the website:

Samir says :

You can know the account balance through following ways:
    a. Internet Banking: All Axis Bank savings account comes with the Internet Banking facility. If you are not availing this facility, visit any Axis bank branch with an original photo ID and ask for registration. You can also call customer care to issue another log in and password for the Internet banking. The link for internet banking is given in the above comment.

b. SMS banking: If you are using any smartphone, download Axis Mobile Application. It is available for both Android and iOS. After installing the application, you need to register your mobile number (of the phone which has this application) to the Axis Bank. You can register your mobile number from a branch or even through an Axis Bank ATM. Once done, you are ready to not only check your account balance, but also do host of other banking functions directly from your mobile.

c. Axis Mobile: You can also register your mobile number for SMS banking (the process is same as that of for Axis Mobile). After completing the registration, you can check your account balance. Further, the bank will send you balance details after every transactions - credit or debit. For balance inquiry send BAL 123 to 5676782 or 9717000002

anoopagarwal says :

Worst customer service from the bank. Not refunding the amount deducted for the failed transaction. Axis bank is not responding even after placing a complaint. I will close my account.

Galega says :

Bank can’t keep your money. Reserve Bank of India has just changed the underlying rules and now it is mandatory for banks to refund money deducted through Failed Transaction within 24 hours.

What if this doesn’t happen? Fine. You can write to the RBI ombudsman with proper proof. The link is available on the official website of RBI. They will compel banks to make refund.

subhadip ghosh says :

I am highly unsatisfied by axis bank s behavior. I met a problem during logging in to my online account that my OTP one time password generated by small key device is not matching. I registered complain complain no 5517217 on 17 September 2011 and they asked me to wait 48 hr to solve the problem. After 48 hr it was not been fixed and I called them again on 19 September. This time they again asked me for another 2 days.. well I had no choice so I waited and same thing happened after two days..not been fixed.. so I called them again on 21 September now the same story to repeat they again requested me to wait 2 more days Im writing this review during my waiting interval time. I am happy with them because they were politely asking me more more time. The funniest thing when I asked them to send me an e-mail by saying their repeated failure to retrieve my account how many days approximately they are gonna take, they strongly denied it. I am incurring huge losses due to locking out my account and probably I could have probably managed or compensate my loss If I have had a written document e-mail from them. Another depressing feature, axis bank online account could only be logged in if you are having an old version of JAVA which is no working for most of the modern website games . So what they said, remove your updated JAVA and install old days JAVA.

Jules Li says :

Subhadip, the easiest way to tell if it’s an issue with the JAVA on the computer that you’re using is to try logging into your account from a different computer. If it works, you know it’s an issue with your computer.

Samir says :

The problems you have faced are of peculiar nature. It is rare to see such type of problems not getting solved by the concerned department. The concept of one time password is used to save customers from any fraudulent activities. However, sometimes it may lead to problems. There is no solution to this problem other than calling customers’ care.

As for your JAVA concern, I think that is not the case. Once (way back in 2009) the AXIS bank website used to open only on Internet Explorer. That is no more the case now. They are working perfectly with all browsers. Java is not a problem, as I see. Further, Axis bank is using Finacle as its main banking software. You may be surprised to know that this Finacle (a product of Infosys) is also used by ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Yes Bank, among others. You will rarely find people of these banks grappling with the JAVA problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 422808208150331/k2311a0828/8.28.07