Philips DVD Player DVP3140  » Electronics  »
  • The only thing that I haven't been happy with is the responsiveness of the open and close button, I don't like having to wait to load a new DVD
  • Overall, I would recommend the Philips DVP3140 to anyone that wants a DVD player that will play more than just store bought DVDs

• by Natalie

Finally a DVD player that will play what I want it too. This inexpensive DVD player by Philips will do it all.

I was so tired of my old DVD player not playing the formats that I want.

I had DVD movies and VCD of my kids and

my old DVD player would not play them, so I broke down and bought this new Philips one.

It is the DVP3140 and I really like it.

It is small and stylish, and plays many formats.

It will play CDs, VCDs, DVDs, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW DivX, MP3, WMA and even ...

• JPEG.

Yes, if you have a CD with you digital photos on it you can show them to everyone on your TV, using this excellent DVD player.

Of course it has progressive scan, as most DVD players these days do.

It also has 192kHz/24-bit audio DAC.

The only thing that I haven’t been happy with is the responsiveness of the open and close button, I don’t like having to wait to load a new DVD.

Overall, I would recommend the Philips DVP3140 to anyone that wants a DVD player that will play more than just store bought DVDs.

Jen says :

My dvd`s are all coming up in black and white-this just started yesterday. though my tv is still in color…how can i fix this. thanks

John says :

If you have your DVD player connected using the RCA cables. Checked the cables to make sure that the colors are matched properly. Check both on the TV and on the back of the DVD player. If these are incorrect, it could lead to this problem.

Galega says :

Incorrectly connected or defective cables can cause your DVD to display black and white images. If you are using Component or RCA Cables follow the below steps: You must match the colored plugs on the cable ends to the color coded jacks on your home theatre and TV. Once matched, your DVD player should start providing the colored images, it is meant to be.

Natalie replies :

I am not sure, I have never had that happen to me. I would try connecting all the wires again, and turning it off and on. If that didn`t work try contacting tech support on their webpage or maybe find a phone number in the mannual or on the unit. Good luck.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162808208000331/k2311a0828/8.28.07