Nokia E65
  • In my opinion, the slider of the phone is very solidly implemented
  • I also liked the keypad, the best I have ever seen-gently tilted keys, compact yet comfortably arranged
  • I was delighted on the connectivity front, I found Bluetooth 1.2, EDGE for Internet surfing at up to 296 Kbps and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g that can also be used for Voice over IP or VoIP calls
  • But I was disappointed at one point because of the absence of an integrated LED flash which made it incompatible to photography in low lighting conditions

• by Shubhro

In this review, dear readers, let us take a closer look on the quintessential business application device, the Nokia E65. At the very first glance upon this trendy device, I appreciate the heft of this phone i.e. the E65 fits very snugly into the palm of my hand. The phone’s construction is a pleasing mixture of metal and plastic. The screen is bound by a finely textured metal, while the rest of the body consists of a high quality matte plastic.

The front face sports a bright 16 million color, 2.2′ screen sporting a resolution of 240×320 pixels with a very crisp display. In my opinion, the slider of the phone

is very solidly implemented. When you slide it up, the keypad is unlocked. I also liked the keypad, the best I have ever seen-gently tilted keys, compact yet comfortably arranged.

Recognizing the phone to be of the Series 60 3rd series platform was the easiest of all because of the familiar icons and menus. Besides, a bunch of applications including QuickOffice, HP Printer, Zip, Adobe Reader etc. I also found a very unique application called Team Suite which helped me define a group of users to whom I could send group messages and make conference calls.

I was delighted on the connectivity front, I found Bluetooth 1.2, EDGE for Internet surfing at ...

• up to 296 Kbps and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g that can also be used for Voice over IP or VoIP calls. It ornamented my business fa’ade with business messaging. It has support for Mail For Exchange 1.5, RIM BlackBerry Connect 2.1 etc, to keep me connected by e-mail.

Now comes the multimedia section of the phone which I personally feel is very nicely and exquisitely composed by Nokia. The phone has MP3 support and an integrated 2 megapixel camera which delivers satisfying results. But I was disappointed at one point because of the absence of an integrated LED flash which made it incompatible to photography in low lighting conditions.

Again, as I had predicted,

this phone also comes with a 256 MB MicroSD card. To extract the memory card, I had to remove the back cover of the phone but I didn’t needed to switch off the phone.

According to me, the interface was not very fast but not very slow either. In my opinion, the Nokia E65 has an excellent form factor and builds quality with gifted connectivity and plenty of messaging options. But a note of disgrace is that that the connectivity can be shaky.

So, dear reviewers, this was my review of the stylish business tycoon-The Nokia E65. I hope the review was enough to satisfy your queries on this latest E-Series product from Nokia.

Nokia E65

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372108206710331/k2311a0821/8.21.07