IndiGo Air
  • We had anticipated that and had carried food with us, so it was not such a problem area for us
  • If the airline sticks to its timings, it is definitely one of the comfortable budget airlines today

• by Anita

We were flying IndiGo Air from Pune to Delhi and it was our first flisht on a budget airline. Surprisingly, the aircraft itself is very spacious and has comfortable seats, a must for me because I was

travelling with my 2 year old son.

The ground staff was also courteous and the initial interface with the airline crew was also pleasant.

my opinion of budget airlines is not very good, considering that everyone who travels on them always complains about the quality of service and the state of the aircraft.

It was also a big plus point for IndiGo Air that our aircraft took off on time and landed on time ...

• IndiGo Air
      too.

It speaks volumes about the whole “service concept” in my mind.

As expected, there was no meal served on board and we had to pay to get even two biscuits! Only the water was for free.

We had anticipated that and had carried food with us, so it was not such a problem area for us.

If the airline sticks to its timings, it is definitely one of the comfortable budget airlines today.

Dr A K Agarwal says :

I flew in the first week of December from Pune to Delhi by Indogo flight 6E406. I would like to mention that I have flew Indogo at least 20 times in past and was impressed with the on time performance of the flights and that is why I preferred to fly Indigo instead of Air India.

I reached pune airport at around 5.15 PM and reported to check in counter number 11, which was manned by Ms MOUSHUMI. I had one carry on bag. It was a laptop strolly (Picture attached). It was weighing 13 kg, including laptop, which weighed approx. 5 kg. I asked the agent to issue me a boarding pass and she insisted that I need to check in my laptop trolley. I informed her I am not carrying anything else therefore she can allow me to take it on board as a carry on however she was adamant and quite rude with me. Finally I had to accede to her and carry my laptop in my hand in a polythene bag and check in my laptop strolley. I told her that this is a leather laptop strolley and may get damaged. Then she informed me that the airline is only responsible for loading and unloading and airline will not be responsible for any damage during the landing and take off. She insisted that I sign the bagagge tag (Attached to the bag) indicating that I will be responsible for any damage, which I found quite odd. She made me hurridly take out my laptop and hand over the laptop trolley to her.

On my way to the aircraft, I found that more than 50% people were carrying bags which were heavier and bigger than the one I was insisting on carrying. This is the first time in last 20 year that someone has prohibited carrying a laptop strolley on board and insisted on checking it in. I very well know that the limit is 7 kg but I didnt have anything to check in.

When I reached Delhi, I found what I suspected. I found that my bag was damaged and scratched all over the place. It was an expensive Allen Cooper laptop strolley, which I had recently purchased for Rs 8000. I also found that from the pocket of the bag, which was not locked, a scientific calculator (Casio make) and a power point presenter were missing. All this happened because of your ill trained, unprofessional, crude and bull headed staff. Upon contacting the ground staff in Delhi, they informed that they can not do anything neither take my complaint and gave me this email to lodge a complaint.

I completely feel ripped off after getting back a damaged bag and goods stolen by airline staff baggage handling staff, instead of having some good experience. The airline didnt heed to this complaint nor any action was taken against the rude and over-jealous staff, who was completely impractical, in my opinion. After having such a bad and unprofessional experience with Indigo, I and my family pledge never to fly with Indigo again.

sunny says :

I fly with indigo airlines a lot and so far the experience has been pleasant. The on board crew is very trained and help you in every way. I never carry large bags which i have to carry myself as they stop you and do some security checks. Personally i never had any bad incidents with this airline. The damage must be done by low rank luggage handlers and unfortunately nothing much can be done about it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402008206371131/k2311a0820/8.20.07