Crowne Plaza Macon  » Hotels  »
0.5
Macon, GA - USA
  • I would recommend anyone thinking of visiting this town to look for another hotel option rather than Crowne Plaza Macon
  • We then noticed that the lobby was full of cigarette smoke
  • We decided to check out and get another hotel in the nearby area so as to avoid any situation such as the fire alarm one

• by missy

In Macon, GA there is a hotel that I have been to called Crowne Plaza Macon. The hotel is located in a pretty nice area with nice things to do and the hotel has great accommodations but that would be just about it. I have a bad memory staying in this hotel and it is purely on the extremely bad attitude of the hotel staff, which leads me to think that this is a very bad choice for a hotel stay.

The town Macon is a nice place and there are things to explore, shop and stuff like that. I would recommend anyone thinking of visiting this town to look for another hotel option rather than Crowne Plaza Macon. My aunt and I had booked through an online booking for a room

stay in this hotel. Upon our arrival (with luggages and all), we were told to be seated while they keyed in our registration. After keying in our registration for about 20 minutes (yes, I counted), they called us and told that our room was not ready since the housekeeping had not done our room yet. That was quite puzzling and rarely have I encountered such a situation. My aunt felt that it was kind of ridiculous and protested for our option to get a smaller room. Suddenly, after about 5-10 minutes or so, we were given our room. My aunt laughed sarcastically and told me that it was funny that our room was made up as soon as my aunt protested the request for a smaller room. I ...

• felt that was funny as well.

We quickly settled into our room that we shared and we went back to the lobby to ask for any travel officer nearby to recommend us to some nice restaurants in the town of Macon. We then noticed that the lobby was full of cigarette smoke. We were then whisked away to evacuate the building. After for about 10-15 minutes waiting, we were then allowed to enter the premises. We were told by other hotel guests and not the hotel staff that the fire alarm had been triggered off due to the excessive smoke situation. The ironic part was that the concierge staff looked pretty indifferent and there were quite a small crowd like seeking an explanation or something. I felt that

an announcement at least could be done or a reassuring smile to explain carefully what had happened would have been wonderful.

That same night, my aunt went to use the internet and book another hotel nearby Macon as well. We decided to check out and get another hotel in the nearby area so as to avoid any situation such as the fire alarm one. Why don\’t these hotels just get the idea that a bad service always drives a customer away? And the most ironic part was when we were about to check out, the concierge lady that appeared to be rude in the beginning gave us a very nice and warm smile and wished us a pleasant evening and hope that we have had a wonderful stay. Oh, blimey!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21708205870231/k2311a0817/8.17.07