Stranger than Fiction
  • But, it definitely wasn't as funny as I would expect it to be
  • In fact, I think I would classify it more as a drama
  • Unfortunately for him, the author that is writing his life story also always kills the main character in the end

• by Steve

When we rented the movie Stranger than Fiction, we expected to get a great comedy. After all, you can’t go wrong with Will Ferrell. Unfortunately, in this case, we did.

Stranger than Fiction isn’t a bad movie, in fact it was pretty good. But, it definitely

wasn’t as funny as I would expect it to be. In fact, I think I would classify it more as a drama.

Ferrell plays Harold, an ordinary guy who works for the IRS and discovers his life is being dictated by an author writing a best ...

• seller. Unfortunately for him, the author that is writing his life story also always kills the main character in the end.

The reason I would classify this more as a drama is, after he learns he’s going to die, the movie takes kind of a depressing

tone to it. No matter how funny it’s supposed to be, it’s hard to laugh when you know a character is probably living their final days.

Would I recommend this movie to you? Yes. But, don’t expect to be laughing much when you watch it.

Stranger than Fiction

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111708205710231/k2311a0817/8.17.07