Ladera Resort  » Hotels  »
St. Lucia - Dominica
  • This place is a very nice and peaceful area with great food and amazing views
  • I really love this package and really recommend it to all
  • We stayed for over a room rate that cost a slight bomb around $500 per night since we were around during the winter month
  • We tried going for a shopping trip up the coast but was quite disappointed since there were not many shopping areas
  • If not for the weather, I would definitely say that this resort is the way to go and St. Lucia itself is a great tourist hot spot to check out

• by missy

Ladera Resort is a place somewhere in St. Lucia, Dominica. This place is a very nice and peaceful area with great food and amazing views. However, there are not much activities that could be done in this island. Therefore, I went with just my boyfriend with the purpose of relaxation.

We took the Ladera package and that includes breakfast and dinner. I really love this package and really recommend it to all. In the resort, there is an onsite restaurant that serves a variety of dishes like seafood, French and African food. I stayed clear from eating food containing pork and lard. We stayed for over

a room rate that cost a slight bomb around $500 per night since we were around during the winter month. That was unnecessary but with the winter coming in, we had no choice. A normal rate would be around $200-$300. Luckily, my boyfriend brought his discount membership and we got like $450 per night. That was quite alright to me because we were there to enjoy and we did not want to think so much about the room charges.

We tried going for a shopping trip up the coast but was quite disappointed since there were not many shopping areas. We just managed to check out this duty ...

• free shopping area and my boyfriend bought some Cuban cigars. I really dislike him smoking and he has yet to kick the habit. However, the Cuban cigars looked really gorgeous and I felt like smoking myself. Other than that, we visited the beach and spread out a mat and had our own little mini picnic fiesta. As for things that we did in Ladera Resort itself, we had thought of getting some some scuba lessons but since it was winter, we didn’t get the chance to.

Last but not least, the views from the room was truly breathtaking and I took a lot of pictures. I noticed a

lot of nice mountain views and could be seen clearly though it was winter. In the end, we felt truly bored since the hiking trip that we had planned earlier was also canceled due to the weather. Therefore, we ended up staying indoors most of the time or taking a cab ride to get to the limited shopping areas or just to eat in the restaurants nearby. If not for the weather, I would definitely say that this resort is the way to go and St. Lucia itself is a great tourist hot spot to check out. I just spent my time staying in the room and it was quite alright.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21708205700231/k2311a0817/8.17.07