Oral Contraceptives  » Medicine  »
  • Most women experience different side effects or none at all
  • While taking Ortho Tri-cyclen, I noticed a very marked improvement in acne
  • If you go to a gynecologist and get a prescription for Ortho Tri-cyclen, it will cost about $30 a month

• by estella

The oral contraceptive known as “the Pill” has worked for me for over five years. The two types I have taken are Ortho Tri-cyclen and Trinessa, which is the generic brand for Ortho. Both are for a 28-day cycle and regulate your period. I have not gotten pregnant while

using the Pill and have had minimal side effects. Most women experience different side effects or none at all.

While taking Ortho Tri-cyclen, I noticed a very marked improvement in acne. This is the only side effect I experienced.

While taking Trinessa, I noticed that my appetite for food ...

• increased and my sex drive decreased. (If you don’t want to get pregnant, decreased sex drive may not be a bad thing, unless your significant other has a problem with it.)

None of the insurance I have had through work covered oral contraceptives, though Medicaid does cover Trinessa. If you

go to a gynecologist and get a prescription for Ortho Tri-cyclen, it will cost about $30 a month. If you go to a county health department, it will cost about $140 for the yearly exam and a year’s supply of Ortho Tri-cyclen, which they give you at the time of your visit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261608205470331/k2311a0816/8.16.07