Qian Hu fish farm  » Travel  »
Sungei Tengah, Singapore
  • I was just shocked to see the price of some fishes

• by Sweety

On this Singapore Independence day, we had a family trip to Qian Hu fish farm. It was really nice. It is fun trip for one who loves to watch fishes and for those who wants to set up an aquarium. When we entered the farm, I saw people with nets trying to catch the fish into buckets from tanks. Even kids were having fun there with trying to catch a fish. Aquarium

fishes were the main attraction there. You can get the fishes and reach the counter with the bucket. They pack all your fishes in polythene cover with water. Then just pay. I would say that the small aquarium fishes were in high demand.

Then we proceed to next room with fishes exhibited and kept for sale. All the fishes there was costly. Mostly enagered species of fishes and ornamental fishes were ...

• there. I was just shocked to see the price of some fishes. A single fish ranging from S$2000 - 6000$ and more. Really shocking. I suppose those fishes were meant to be exported.

After that we entered the aquarium accessory retail shop with lot of things for maintaining an aquarium. We bought a T-shirt with fishes painted on it. That was not worth the price as it got

torn the same day. Close to it there was a small tea n,snack shop. Inside the farm I could find only this much.

The speciality is that entry is virtually free. I read about the agro study centre for kids. I did not find that. Shortly, all those colorful fishes were really refreshing to my eyes. A great collection of rare fishes I saw after my visit to National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland.

Singapore 98 says :

Who is the founder of Qian Hu Fish Farm?

Marg says :

It is a subsidiary of Qian Hu Corporation. It was established in 1980 by Yap Tik Huay and his brother Yap Hey Cha. It started as a family business.

ATUL POTE says :

I have got a RED AROWANA from your farm. Have been trying hard to get in touch with u all guys, and finally got it by visiting this site. Well my question to you is i want to know about my red arowana i mean the details by putting the no which is mentioned on the certificate, so can u plz help me out where to refer or which particular site to know more about my fish. Also if i have any thing to ask u in future can i ask u? And also can i have a particular e-mail id on which i can mail u. Also gills of my fish are curled from both the sides so is he suffering fromgill curl , and if yes then what precaution and remedy should i follow to cure this. Plz let me know about this am really wating for your reply. Thank you for going thru my mail. GOOD DAY. Regards, ATUL P

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381508204930531/k2311a0815/8.15.07