Ontario Science Center Museum  » Art  »
770 Don Mills Road
  • I found it all really interesting because that is what I�m currently studying about (though this was a few years back) so it helped me build on to the interest that I already have
  • My favourite was the biology and space sections
  • This is definitely beneficial to those going into sciences further in life

• by shiro_manjuu

Some years ago I had traveled some distance to visit the Ontario science center. It�s more like a museum than a center. Being a science center, it has all the sciences like natural sciences, physics, biology, chemistry�space sciences� you name it. I found it all really interesting because that is what I�m currently studying about (though this was a few years back) so it helped me build on to the interest that I already have. My favourite was the biology and space sections. For biology, I�m interested in cells and stuff, but also animals and evolution. They have a lot of stuff

like bones structures and skeletal structures of how things evolved. I love taking pictures so there�s a lot of interesting things I want to remember afterwards. The marine section was pretty interesting too.

I like the space section a lot because it�s just so interesting. Their models of the planets and the �did you know?� facts. I always loved that thing where you get to convert your weight on earth to your weight on other planets. There�s one experiment that I really liked and it was the thing where there�s a bowl of water and you rub on the outside edges to ...

• match the frequency of the water, and they it produces a sound � like a resonating sound not a squeaky sound. That exhibit was really interesting.

There is also a genetics section. You get to learn a bit about genetics and how it affects us. There�s even a little fun test you can try. Only certain people with a certain gene can smell a certain chemical, so they have a little bottle here and you can test it out with your friends. I know it sounds kind of�strange but it�s interesting when you pass the bottle around and suddenly someone goes �hey I

can smell this!�. They also have lecturers come and they talk about health and medical sciences. We got to see a tumor that is as big as a rock! It�s quite interesting.

Also I have to add that � there is a program at the Ontario science center where you can actually get your high school credits there. You go work there and learn the sciences while you are at it � and those get converted back to school credits. You get to use some of the most advanced science equipment. This is definitely beneficial to those going into sciences further in life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 181108204010331/k2311a0811/8.11.07