Quebec downtown area  » Travel  »
  • I mean I guess it�s interesting to see the old fashion architecture and everything
  • However the experience wasn�t that awesome for me � not that it was bad or anything, it just wasn�t to my taste
  • I can�t think of much highlights in Quebec City but I have to say the night scenes are pretty amazing

• by shiro_manjuu

I go here practically every summer � and in fact, most Canadians have gone at least a couple times in their lives. It�s a really popular vacationing spot though I don�t know why because there�s not a lot about it that�s special. I mean I guess it�s interesting to see the old fashion architecture and everything. There are a lot of great museums too. I can�t remember the exact names of the museums but they are kind of EVERYWHERE. Some you get to see famous paintings, but a lot of them are really nice cathedrals and churches. They are really old too so you kind of get this whole cultural feeling going on there. The cathedrals are especially nice � you feel like you are seeing something holy, something sacred. It�s GREAT for pictures because of the nice designs and organs and stuff. In

fact, I only go there to take pictures � I�m more of a person who likes museums and shopping and that. However it looks so nice. If you go uptown Quebec, you have a lot of brand name shops (really expensive too because it�s a tourist area). Also you can find a couple of places to eat � but everything is in french! I mean some restaurants will have both but some are only French so if you don�t know French it may be a bit hard. Also we had trouble trying to even find a place to eat because everywhere we went it was full. Finally when the prime time for dinner/supper has passed, you can find lots of spaces.

After, we went on this boat cruise while we were in Quebec. It was alright � we got to see some marine animals like ...

• dolphins or killer whales. However the experience wasn�t that awesome for me � not that it was bad or anything, it just wasn�t to my taste. I�m not really fond of going on boats because it sways around and I feel sick sometimes. Plus the boat was really crowded and you�re always ramming into people if you stand outside to get a good look at the waters. If you don�t like the crowd you can stand inside, which then you wont� see anything at all. Either way you lose. It�s a pretty long ride too so I couldn�t handle it.

There are some interesting historical sites you can see where they actually have statues of famous people and weapons they actually used in the world wars. One of the is this big cannon thing � but I don�t think it�s to scale. Again, it�s

kind of the type you won�t even remember who that statue is of or even think about it in few years from now � but it is a really good spot for pictures. There is also a nice souvenir shop there where you can get nice postcards of Quebec City.

I can�t think of much highlights in Quebec City but I have to say the night scenes are pretty amazing. There are a lot of street performers � they are always interesting. Also, it�s for pictures really � how the lights shine in the streets and stuff � makes a really nice album if you are into photography. All in all, I would say this place is okay to visit once in a while. If you like drinking, go here � the age for drinking is only 18 as opposed to 19 in anywhere else in Canada.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381108203980331/k2311a0811/8.11.07