Cowon mp3 player  » Electronics  »
  • I decided as per my requirement I did go for U2 as I could already see the videos and photos on my multimedia phone
  • All the necessary connectors were provided at no extra cost
  • The only problem I face is that you cannot switch off the player when in FM mode
  • The price has dropped but I am very happy that I bought a iAudio U2 mp3 player
  • I recommend this mp3 player for people who don�t need photo and video browser but are looking for superior sound quality, I would say go for this player

• by viny

Looking for a mp3 player? Nothing better than Apple ipod. That�s what many people will tell you. Even I had the option of buying an ipod but I went for the iAudio U2 mp3 player. This is around a year back.

I wanted a mp3 player because I am a hard core music lover. I was looking for a mp3 player which has an in-built FM Radio, FM Recorder and Voice Recorder. Just like everyone, I wanted an Apple ipod and I had a budget to buy an ipod nano. But then ipod didn�t have a FM radio or voice recorder. I could use a 3rd party attachment. And yes I could have had the envy machine with videos and photos while enjoying music.

But here I am with my light weight cute little 1 GB iAudio U2. That time 2GB wasn�t available in my city.

iAudio could be seen in very few outlets in my city. I had done research on mp3 players, read user opinions and tried the mp3 players my friends used.

I had browsed a tech magazine where I came across the brand iAudio U2. There other iAudio media players were also compared along with other brands. The only aspect where iAudio was superior to ipod value for money wise as well was the sound quality. I was curious.

I researched on the iAudio players, found the dealer contact numbers etc. I felt I should go for iAudio. It was little cheaper than iPod nano

but there was no compromise on quality.

So, I finally decided to go for an iAudio. I called the only dealer in my city. I asked them why I should go for their brand instead of an ipod. They said their player can run for more hours than an ipod.

So, I asked the price quotation. Got the email on the same day. Again, I had the option off choosing for iAudio U3 the 1GB video player which meant extra money compared to U2 which is just an mp3 player. I decided as per my requirement I did go for U2 as I could already see the videos and photos on my multimedia phone. I wanted to buy a pen drive as well. So, I asked this dealer side sales person and finally, the deal was made.

With the extra money for iAudio U3 I went for a pqi 1 GB pen drive and got a iAudio U2 player. I had seen the player before in the city mall. I got my pack the very next day home delivered.

The iAudio U2 player looked fabulous with a cute carrying case and a stylish necklace to carry the player. All the necessary connectors were provided at no extra cost.

I got the music player software CD but this cool thing didn�t need any installation on my computer. I could just plug and play it. Drag and drop the files. Delete the files. Create folders. And there its fully charged ...

• in an hour or two by just plugging the USB connector to the PC. No hassles at all.

The player supports mp3, ogg, wma and wmv files. Even direct mp3 encoding is possible with CD players etc. by using the connection cables provided.

And I switched it on, the sound quality I had checked earlier in the mall but this just sounded too good. It had all the adjustments easily made using the joystick. The brightness of the screen could be adjusted. The 3D surround, right-left sound panning, BBE, Bass etc could be easily adjusted. The brightness of the screen can be adjusted as well. There is a timer function as well.

The only problem I face is that you cannot switch off the player when in FM mode. For that you have to go to the mp3 player mode. Auto off is a good option when the mp3 player is off. You can set the Auto switch off time as well.

You have sleep, alarm functions. I could never get through the alarm option. With the headphones connected alarm is of no use because if you go to sleep you won’t be putting your headphones on for an alarm function. I mean the player has no loud speaker but can be easily connected to other speakers. I have tried that and for loud music this is good enough. Never felt reading the manual.

You can easily rewind, fast forward, go to previous/next track, increase or decrease

volume all by using the joystick. Then there is a preset button for FM channels, a start stop mp3 player button and a hold button. I didn’t find it that useful earlier. But later when I used to keep my player in my bag, it used to start automatically and I would realize that much later. But this hold button came of use then. Moving the hold switch kind of button will mean that no other button will work. And this actually prevents the player from accidentally turning on.

Oh! I forgot about the fancy shining necklace that comes with the package. You carry the mp3 player around by wearing it with the necklace or there is a flap on the carry case. Just put your belt across the flap. Another stylish way of carrying it around.

Oh! I got it to college and people actually loved the sound quality and found it better than the iPod. The FM and voice recordings are of very good quality and are saved as mp3 in the FM/Records folder.

So, far I didn’t face any problem with my player and it has been very useful to me. The sound quality is really very good along with the beats.

The price has dropped but I am very happy that I bought a iAudio U2 mp3 player.

I recommend this mp3 player for people who don�t need photo and video browser but are looking for superior sound quality, I would say go for this player.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16808203580231/k2311a088/8.8.07