Wikipedia.org  » Web sites  »
  • There's a saying that 'if wikipedia says it, then it must be true' which I thought was kind of cute but also accurate
  • In fact, I have a friend who writes or used to write articles for wikipedia and I know him to be a really knowledgeable person, so I know that it's not just random kids writing off facts and opinion about a certain topic, they actually research a bit on it first, or have already some reliable information on it
  • Also I'm sure if the information is not at all accurate, someone would have said something about it or complained but no one has I don't think
  • However for minor things that I want to look up quickly (like information on a certain tv show), I would definitely use this because it's like an information database - everything is already there so I don't have to search around for information

• by shiro_manjuu

There’s a saying that ‘if wikipedia says it, then it must be true’ which I thought was kind of cute but also accurate. It’s true that it is not really from an academic source or reliable education sites, but that doesn’t change that the information they have can be right also.

In fact, I have a friend

who writes or used to write articles for wikipedia and I know him to be a really knowledgeable person, so I know that it’s not just random kids writing off facts and opinion about a certain topic, they actually research a bit on it first, or have already some reliable information on it.

Also I’m sure if ...

• the information is not at all accurate, someone would have said something about it or complained but no one has I don’t think.

However because it is STILL wikipedia, I would still confirm the information with another source, especially if it is a project or something.

I wouldn’t really get any important information such as stuff on

medicine or health without comparing it to something else first.

However for minor things that I want to look up quickly (like information on a certain tv show), I would definitely use this because it’s like an information database - everything is already there so I don’t have to search around for information.

All in all, I love this site.

Wikipedia.org

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20808203390231/k2311a088/8.8.07