Hay Adams Hotel  » Hotels  »
Washington DC - USA
  • I have been to The Hay Adams Hotel with my family before and I consider this hotel to be a very historic and elegant hotel
  • However, we find that the hotel lacked a certain kind of facilities and the cost was pretty expensive as well
  • I noticed that the bathrooms were pretty small too, but the marble fixtures made it looked expensive

• by missy

I have been to The Hay Adams Hotel with my family before and I consider this hotel to be a very historic and elegant hotel. There was fine service everywhere and the location in Washington DC was perfect for us. However, we find that the hotel lacked a certain kind of facilities and the cost was pretty expensive as well.

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by a doorman which then lead us to the lobby which looked very elegant as well. There were nice decor to it and the front desk staff

were very friendly and welcoming. The bellhop looked pretty eager to help us carry our luggages and we laughed softly at that gesture. It was a nice part on theirs. After checking in, we went to get a staff to brief us a bit about the hotel. We were told that there were some great facilities and that there were also some conference rooms as well.

Our hotel rooms were pretty small, but again, it was first class all the way. The mattresses felt soft to the touch, the pillows great and the sheets seemed to be a in a high quality class as well. I noticed that the bathrooms were pretty small too, but the marble fixtures made it looked expensive. There were also great towels and fine toiletries. My dad thought that the internet in the room was great and he used it mainly for his work purposes. There was a large screen TV in the room and it was great surfing the net since the computer was sort of embedded in the desk. Other facilities in the room included alarm ...

• Hay Adams Hotel
      clocks, CD stereo and a mini bar.

As for the hotel restaurant, the price was quite expensive and ranged about $30-$40 per person. We had no choice but to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner there. However, the food portions were quite medium and I felt that the food tasted wonderful and kept me full easily. The services were also pretty nice and the only thing I would say was of the price. Desserts were also great and I have no problems with their after service.

As for the exact location of this hotel,

it is around LaFayette square. For easy recognition, there is a metro station and The Hay Adams Hotel is pretty close to the city area as well for great sight-seeing and shopping. Once we are out of the hotel to go for sight-seeing, I am particularly sure that the chambermaid kept our rooms clean. That was true since when we came back to rest, the rooms were already made. I felt that The Hay Adams Hotel is a very upscale hotel and I will not hesitate to come round for a visit again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2408202030331/k2311a084/8.4.07