Sheraton Towers Singapore  » Hotels  »
Singapore
  • I think that is a very nice touch of service
  • Other than that, I really love the hotel rooms

• by missy

I am living in Singapore, a small island and I have been to many hotels in Singapore, my homeland before. One of it is Sheraton Towers Singapore. Now, this hotel is located in the downtown area of Singapore. I would say that as a local, I am more fussy and more of a critic. I really take note of the detailed servicing given by the local hotel staff and I am pleasantly surprised that they have set the ball high for me in service. The staff there would make it a point to remember your name and it goes for both local and international customers. I think that is a very nice touch of service.

As for the hotel rooms, this 5 star hotel has lots of comfortable beds and pillows. I really love the lines provided. They smelt so great and I could sleep for

hours in it, knowing that I am indeed in my own country. To be exact, the location of this hotel would be in Scotts Road. For a more detailed finding, Scotts Road is located in Orchard Road. Now, there is a subway or they call it in Singapore the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit). If you take the MRT, you can alight at the Orchard MRT station and by around 5-10 minutes walk, you could get to Sheraton Towers. Okay, perhaps if you are a first time tourist to Singapore, I would say 10 minutes to reach? Nearby to this hotel is also a fine food center called Newton Circus Food Center. Now, here you could taste the fine local food offered by Singapore. There are unique food like satays (made of meat placed on a stick), seafood and the likes, western food and many more.

• In short, you can get all Indian, Malay and Chinese food here over in Newton Food Center.

Let’s get back to Sheraton. The bellboys over in this hotel are all very polite and will not wait for you to call them to carry your luggages to the hotel rooms. They would make it a point to ask you politely. And remember, most hotels in Singapore don’t believe in giving tips. They are just too polite to accept tips. But, if you insist on giving, I think they might take, ha! Other than that, I really love the hotel rooms. There are TV, closets, nice beds as I have mentioned and a nice view of Orchard Road in general. You can get a close view of the busy hustle and bustle of city life in Singapore. Singaporeans are workaholics. Don’t be surprised

to find the streets littered with people even at 2 AM! This is probably why I sometimes check into Sheraton Towers Singapore. After a tired day’s out, I am too lazy to go home sometimes and would camp out in this hotel with my friends or boyfriend. Other than that, Sheraton Towers Singapore offers a grill-style restaurant and you should try out eating here. It really is delicious.

If you find the buffet services and restaurant pretty expensive, you can always opt to eat at the fast food restaurants. There are quite a few, and commonly would be Mc’Donalds, of course. Last but not least, Sheraton Towers Singapore is actually a pretty much business center type of hotel. A lot of busy people will be hustling in this hotel and I am fine with that. It just adds on to the fun. I really love it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2408201940231/k2311a084/8.4.07